WiiChat Weekly 1: Wii News Roundup

Well, my name is James Temperton, I live in Cardiff (at university here studying a masters in English Literature), for a few months a year I go back to my other home in Chichester. I've been writing about the gaming industry for the last five years, mostly for the leading Nintendo website Cubed3 (www.cubed3.com), I've been with the site since it started out and I am now Deputy Editor and the guy in charge of feature content there. I've freelanced for a number of sites covering all major formats (PS3, XBOX 360, DS, Wii, GameCube, GBA) doing reviews, news, editorials, blah. Anything else you madly want to know, let me know and I'll tap up some info for you. But that, in a nutshell, is me.

James,

Great to have an easily accessible article to read - thanks

James Temperton said:
Well, my name is James Temperton, I live in Cardiff (at university here studying a masters in English Literature), for a few months a year I go back to my other home in Chichester. I've been writing about the gaming industry for the last five years, mostly for the leading Nintendo website Cubed3 (www.cubed3.com), I've been with the site since it started out and I am now Deputy Editor and the guy in charge of feature content there. I've freelanced for a number of sites covering all major formats (PS3, XBOX 360, DS, Wii, GameCube, GBA) doing reviews, news, editorials, blah. Anything else you madly want to know, let me know and I'll tap up some info for you. But that, in a nutshell, is me.
That's very impressive :] what got you into the whole editorial scene?

Flattery will get you everywhere Corey ;-)

The editorial scene (to reply to Wiired) appeals simply because it is always fresh. The problem with gaming reviews is they are a little bit generic. I'm a creative kind of writer anyway and I like to use words and language and to do a bit of background research to go with my work. Nothing but editorials allows me to do that and voice a strong opinion at the same time. They're just fun to do, and in my opinion and the most vibrant aspect of games journalism. I think the responses the articles get here on WiiChat are a testament to that :)

Back