Wiimote Miscalibration

tomnewton

WiiChat Member
Aug 4, 2009
Hi there,

I just got a new Wiimote, and after synching it to my Wii, I played Mario Kart. After starting I found that, if I held the remote horizontally, my kart turned wildly to the left. In order go in a straight line I hold it at an angle. I re-booted and re-synched, and problem still occurred. What's more, I noticed that instead of the pointer being where it is normally for most remotes, the pointer was three inches up and to the left.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? (I think it has to be a problem with the Wiimote, as my other remote works fine.)

Hi there,

I just got a new Wiimote, and after synching it to my Wii, I played Mario Kart. After starting I found that, if I held the remote horizontally, my kart turned wildly to the left. In order go in a straight line I hold it at an angle. I re-booted and re-synched, and problem still occurred. What's more, I noticed that instead of the pointer being where it is normally for most remotes, the pointer was three inches up and to the left.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? (I think it has to be a problem with the Wiimote, as my other remote works fine.)

instead of resyncing it click the home but then click reconect & simataneously click one & 2. are you any wear infared light,like the sun cuz the deprecates the sensor bar & wiimotes actions

instead of resyncing it click the home but then click reconect & simataneously click one & 2. are you any wear infared light,like the sun cuz the deprecates the sensor bar & wiimotes actions

The sensor bar is only used for the pointer functionality which Mario Kart does not use for steering.

Sounds like it could just be a defective remote. I would call Nintendo customer service or take it back to the store and exchange it.

The sensor bar is only used for the pointer functionality which Mario Kart does not use for steering.

Sounds like it could just be a defective remote. I would call Nintendo customer service or take it back to the store and exchange it.

Or it could be the batteries usually when are messed up that happens but you may be right

Back