Wii's Graphics - What's All The Fuss About?

killik119 said:
Can someone please ban Lordrrr? He's an immature child.

Screw You I play my games by my own rule and If it Means judging a game system by it's graphics then so be it!

lordrrr said:
Screw You I play my games by my own rule and If it Means judging a game system by it's graphics then so be it!

Haha! And that's why your an immature child. If the Wii and it's games aren't made for graphics, why judge it by that feature? Well guess that's the immature thing to do. Why buy the Wii if you play games solely for there graphical importance? Wouldn't you buy a ps3, and nothing else?? Exactly, way to troll noob.

PS3 has the best graphics, but gameplay is very poor in most of the games. It is like having a beautiful woman with the head full of air..

Wii Rules!!

Cpt.McCloud said:
We DO care, so why are you saying that we have the same opinion as you?

Great article.

I can't wait till the wii gets its very own Halo Or God Of War style Epic Game.
I believe he is saying that he didn't read the article because of the title.

killik119 said:
Can someone please ban Lordrrr? He's an immature child.
I second that motion.
Eh, I like Wii graphics, they're not the greatest but the games are playable and un-pixeled so why should I care?

I'm fine with the graphics, I like my wii. I'm tired of people bitching about it, graphics aren't the most important part of a game, but they are a good part of it. I just think some of the games on the wii have crappy visual styles... but I only get games that I look into and know about before I buy, so I don't get dissapointed.

Nice article. The Wii's power is in its controllers, not in its graphic ability. This was evident from its day of release, but yet, millions of Wii owners aren't satisfied with the games, because NONE of the games are a "true real experience" game. They're all mostly fantasy and some Wiimote-waving fads. Its graphics engine is simply too low compared to this generation. The PS3 has HD DVD and Blu-Ray, and with the RAGE Engine running at the same time, games have no loading screens (usually) even when playing HIGH-end graphic games.

A good example of this is Call of Duty 4. Activision released it for the X360, PS3, the PC and even the DS! (The DS version graphics are incredible for a console that small and so low-power by the way, and it still looks like NES graphics). So it came out for almost EVERY current exisiting console except the Wii. Why? Because the Wii couldn't handle its intense graphics.

Still, I like the Wii but if this machine was supplied with a huge graphics engine, there would be absolutely no reason for a PS3 or an X360 to exist.

Backfall said:
Nice article. The Wii's power is in its controllers, not in its graphic ability. This was evident from its day of release, but yet, millions of Wii owners aren't satisfied with the games, because NONE of the games are a "true real experience" game. They're all mostly fantasy and some Wiimote-waving fads. Its graphics engine is simply too low compared to this generation. The PS3 has HD DVD and Blu-Ray, and with the RAGE Engine running at the same time, games have no loading screens (usually) even when playing HIGH-end graphic games.

A good example of this is Call of Duty 4. Activision released it for the X360, PS3, the PC and even the DS! (The DS version graphics are incredible for a console that small and so low-power by the way, and it still looks like NES graphics). So it came out for almost EVERY current exisiting console except the Wii. Why? Because the Wii couldn't handle its intense graphics.

Still, I like the Wii but if this machine was supplied with a huge graphics engine, there would be absolutely no reason for a PS3 or an X360 to exist.
Nintendo is trying different marketing strategies, perhaps their next console will be more focused on graphics. But see, no matter how hard they try, they probably won't get better graphics then the ps3. So why not go into something new?

Wiimoto said:
Nintendo is trying different marketing strategies, perhaps their next console will be more focused on graphics. But see, no matter how hard they try, they probably won't get better graphics then the ps3. So why not go into something new?

I agree, but right now, the games which are out for the X360 and PS3 are far more enjoyable than kiddy games like Mario-Sonic Olympics or Wii Sports. I don't mean kiddy, I mean they're not a full-fledged GAME. The only solid games for the Wii right now are Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy and Nights: Journey of Dreams. All these are pretty good in motion-sensing controls as well as graphically, but if the graphics were upto par with the 360 atleast, these would simply rule.

And why all games are Fantasy? Because the Wii just can't handle the realistic graphics. They should simply make an upgrade (I don't care if it costs $100) on the Wii and sell it out somehow, idk. I'm still satisfied with the graphics, I'm just saying they could make an effort to make it better. Also they could indeed go for something totally new, but it has to be out-of-this-world and jaw-dropping quality if it ever hopes to surpass the PS3 and X360!

bubs said:
PS3 doesnt stand a chance with all these cool things coming out for Wii. PS3 Xbox360 are games/music/net etc... Wii is games, music, net, fitness center, sports center, education center, game cube, retro game machine etc etc ALL IN ONE!!

GO WII!!!!
i agree with u 100% but to bad others are only concerned with graphics and u know what else i don't get if people (wii owners that complain) feel that wii is so horrible with graphics why the hell did they purchase it in the first place. true story
I Say F*** The Graphics Just Play The Damn Game. The Virtual World Has Us F***ed Up In The Head. Get A Grip FOLKS

Last edited:
i dont mind the graphics, i'd just prefer some more full-fledged games, like metroid prime 3. we need a halo 3 or COD4 competitor on the wii, that has great online, and great story, and decent graphics. more MOHH2 style games is what i'd like.

I don't think the problem is in the cables. Its a last gen console with a new controller. If you compare screenshots to screenshots you'll notice a pretty big difference. The wii is all about gameplay nothing else, not online, not graphics, sound or anything else.

Back