Will Oblivion Come To Wii?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Gamers across the land who were looking for an excuse to play Oblivion again have their hopes locked up in whispers of a Wii version. Swinging swords and castings spells would be a great breathe of new life into this modern classic. Bethesda Softworks commented today on those rumors that a revamped version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is in the works for the Nintendo Wii.

"This time around we did Oblivion and again we designed a game that's really going to push some limits and would do the things we thought next-gen consoles might be able to do. When 360 dev kits were available, we did it on them because it was available. It's not really going to run on a Wii for example, but if it could we would put it there. Our philosophy is to make a game and make it available to as many people as possible. We're not looking to limit who can play a game. We want to make something that's fun and we want as many people as possible to play it." -- Bethesda public relations head Pete Hines

This isn’t that much of a disappointment though because not many people really gave the rumors much credibility. Oblivion exists on a scale that is obviously too great to be handled by Wii. This is of course to say, technical scale, as a game like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has a giant scope, but doesn’t force the system to render miles and miles of in-game space.

That said, it is sad that gamers whose only system is Wii, will not be able to experience Bethesda’s masterwork. Just remember that it’s for the best, a Wii version would be severely watered down, like watching Hulk Hogan on Thunder in Paradise

Happy Camper said:
If this comes to the Wii , i will eat my leg.

Fing Hilarious I have heard this so many times but that was just so funny

About the topic if the Wii can have the internet who is to say it can't have Oblivion so I don't think it is out of the question and you bassically have information saying it will come out on the Wii and then evidence that says it won't?

That quote means taht there is a huge possibility. Would be cool but I it will definitely look like crap compared to the other systems. :(

MetroidZ said:
PS2 and PSP but no Wii. **** them!

I'm pretty sure it's not coming out on the PS2, sure you have a way to back that up?

It seems Bethsuda or w/e they're called only like having their games on the most powerful of handheld or home consoles, so that probably means we won't be seeing it on the DS or Wii ever.

Not really a shock to me. Oblivion looked good, and had interesting physics, but the game itself sucked.

I think it's a great game, but I can't see how it would work on the Wii- like Bethesda said, it would be too demanding on the console. What might be nice is perhaps a sort of "side story", like the Elder Scrolls Travels games they have for mobile phones.

Oblivion oblivionized

Flip said:
Not really a shock to me. Oblivion looked good, and had interesting physics, but the game itself sucked.
Too true

I know people who bought a 360 JUST for Oblivion then dumped it because it was buggy, didnt look as good as PC and wasnt a good game overall.

I'd much rather see Jade Empire come to Wii

well then lets see them make the game for the wii hardware,not trying to port it,or just create another franchise developed with the wii specs in mind.(better than xbox and morrowind isnt bad)

Back