Wireless controllers

esoterika

meow mix
Mar 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Wii Online Code
2614-1105-1770-2289
Hello all, I am looking to buy a wireless Gamecube controller that is compatible with the Wii. I'm not really looking to shell out $60-70 bucks for an original Wavebird, but I was wondering, what brand is the next best thing? I tried the Pelican ones and I don't really like how they feel in my hand... especially the L and R buttons.

Wave birds are only like 35 dollars brand new these days at most 40 dollars each but I haven't seen one above 35 in the last 6 months, alot even are under 30 or so in stores that still have them in stock..

When it comes to GC controllers be very picky most do not feel right because of the size and shape there are very few nyko/pelican/madcatz style gc controllers I would even use on the GC.

they are discontinued. they arent sold in stores anymore, only way to get them is off ebay.

Most stores Target,Walmart,Toys-r-us still have a nice stock of them if they were involved in GC. I know all my local stores still carry them maybe not 10 at a time but I always see atleast 2 on the shelf at all times.

Price wise wouldn't be a bad idea to go to gamestop/EB games and buy up a used controller. Last one i got was 14.99 for a pretty much new looking wavebird. 3rd Party controllers are no eaisier to find then Nintendo versions. You just have to find someone still stocking/selling out GC supplies thats all.

Hmm, I was told by a couple of my friends that they couldn't find Wavebirds anywhere. Most online places don't sell them, and I never see them in stores here. I haven't really looked that hard either, but there doesn't seem to be any abundance of them here. I'm thinking I just get a Wii Classic controller instead and just learn the new handling. Or should I just try to find a Wavebird?

esoterika said:
Hmm, I was told by a couple of my friends that they couldn't find Wavebirds anywhere. Most online places don't sell them, and I never see them in stores here. I haven't really looked that hard either, but there doesn't seem to be any abundance of them here. I'm thinking I just get a Wii Classic controller instead and just learn the new handling. Or should I just try to find a Wavebird?

The classic controller doesn't work with Gamecube games, but if you are planning on getting Brawl the classic controller does work.

If your not in a rush for one I would hold off and keep looking. Stop by the used game stores on and off if you have to.
Alot of times the gamecube stuff will be under everything else in the display cases in the larger department stores now that its not supported anymore.

i'll also be looking to pick up a used wavebird tonight :yesnod:

my third party controllers are ok for VC games, but they don't seem all that responsive...

Back