Worst Pokemon Game?

halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackwhite-graymatter.jpg

Don't get how a few problems makes it so poor in your opinion. Dislike it if you must, but I really don't see how it's at all deserving of hate.

Because clearly that wall'a text, which ain't the half of it, describes only a small amount'a meager problems.

I've stated my opinion, so back yours. Show me ya [STRIKE]moves![/STRIKE] counterargument. What's so great 'bout RS?

I can't defend them being the best main series Pokemon games (...well, they have my favorite region and Pokemon, at least), but I just don't see how your logic justifies calling them a failure. Sure, they removed a few minor things. Sure, there was a lack of post game stuff. Besides that, you don't really say anything, aside from your personal dislike of the Pokemon. Yeah, they weren't a revolution to the Pokemon series. But how were DPP any better? There was the physical/special split, which was awesome, but that's about it. The online doesn't count, because that was a limitation the GameBoy had that the DS didn't.

What are your other reasons for hating on RSE? Because the way I see it, you're being way too harsh with little reasoning. Here's the positives and negatives I see in the games.

Positives (In my opinion):

-Good region
-Good Pokemon
-Introduced abilities
-Indroduced new villainous teams
-Double battles
-Introduced the Battle Frontier
-Secret Bases (actually good ones, unlike Sinnoh. Consider them a minor detail if you will, I loved them >.>)

Negatives:

-Lack of post game material
-The day/night system was removed
-Lack of formula change (this doesn't defend your argument at all, since you're trying to defend Gen IV and V to an extent)
-Trouble getting some past gen Pokemon (I didn't mind, myself)

Positives (In my opinion):

-Good region
As is every region... 'cept boring 'ol Kanto.
-Good Pokemon
As as introduced in every Generation.
-Introduced abilities
That goes in line with my pseudo-complaint of Double battles. Awesome as junk like the Physical/Special split 'n Abilities are, further complexity to battlin' doesn't truly make the game more enjoyable in the Single player. Since I'm bashin' RS over said Single player in specific, it's quite the valid complaint.
-Indroduced new villainous teams
... As does every Generation.
-Double battles
Triple Battles.

... Both do nothin' t' help the Single player experience.

-Introduced the Battle Frontier
Emerald. I'm talkin' 'bout RS in specific. The Battle Frontier alone saves Emerald, truth be told.
-Secret Bases (actually good ones, unlike Sinnoh. Consider them a minor detail if you will, I loved them >.>)
secondkarp.jpeg
... But due to the limitations of ye olden handhelds, Secret Bases were the most minor of details since ya could never use 'em anywhere near to the surprisingly fun extent they were meant for. Which is horribly disappointin', ain't it? Point bein', a moot positive.

Negatives:

-Lack of post game material
-The day/night system was removed
-Lack of formula change (this doesn't defend your argument at all, since you're trying to defend Gen IV and V to an extent)
I'm moreso tryin' to highlight RS' failures by comparin' to where future generations succeeded, but I s'pose it's still the same thing in practice.
-Trouble getting some past gen Pokemon (I didn't mind, myself)
I wouldn't call that a notable negative... hell, the way BW handled it, I'd say it was a positive in Gen 5.

What are your other reasons for hating on RSE? Because the way I see it, you're being way too harsh with little reasoning.

I've moaned over the mess that is RS so many times that I honestly can't give enough of a **** t' dig further into what causes my disdain for Gen 3... so I'll go out on the note of bias, 'cause that's clearly what all master debaters do. The last thing I'll say is that Gen 3 didn't feel right t' me. Plain 'n simple. Outside of my personal gripes, this is the real reason for my utter disregard for RS. I simply did not enjoy the games, for whatever reason(s) I can't explain via proper strings of meaningful words. Did my arguments have somethin' to do with it? Likely a good deal, yes. But somethin' 'bout Gen 3 just wasn't right. It felt like it was unpolished. Rushed. Lazy. Stale. No other mainstay Pokemon game I've played ever felt like that. Not even the spin-offs inspired such abysmal opinions 'n thoughts... and Guardian Signs was unbearably copypasta.

There's a reason why so many people left the series with RS... and I can assure you that only half of it was everyone growin' up.

Last edited:
There's a reason why so many people left the series with RS... and I can assure you that only half of it was everyone growin' up.
Hmm. It's hard to pinpoint what people thought of it. I know some genwunners that think Gen III was the last great generation, and some that rank it as high as Gen I and II. Yet others just didn't care for it. I'm obviously in the Gen III supporting group....it feels like the borderline generation.

I left the series with RS (technically played Firered but that doesn't count), but I enjoyed it far more than the previous games. Never cared much for the 2nd Gen pokes. And it didn't have that weird dungeon design that the first games had.

Whether or not it is, it's still bad in comparison t' other PokeRPGs.

Hmm. It's hard to pinpoint what people thought of it.

I disagree. Up 'til I've met strange fish like you, it's been pretty unanimous amongst my fellow trainers that RS had some real problems. The majority of players, both who once played or still do, don't like RS(E).

... Not that it matters, usin' popular opinion for or against any argument is generally foolhardy. 'Least it is for a matter like a vidya gaem.

I left the series with RS (technically played Firered but that doesn't count), but I enjoyed it far more than the previous games.

meh

Whatever floats your Dive slave.

I disagree. Up 'til I've met strange fish like you, it's been pretty unanimous amongst my fellow trainers that RS had some real problems. The majority of players, both who once played or still do, don't like RS(E).
It's been the opposite with me, though.

Whether or not it is, it's still bad in comparison t' other PokeRPGs.
In your opinion, since you've failed to convince me that it's a fact.

The vast majority of my in real life friends (and other people that I don't talk to anymore) quite enjoyed Gen III.

Gen 3 was really fun to me (specially cause their way of a secret base and other added things) but I actually do see what Splash King is saying

lolno

The vast majority of my in real life friends (and other people that I don't talk to anymore) quite enjoyed Gen III.

We've been over this. Your friends suck, my friends are awesome. :trollface: inb4 u claim i insulted myself

I left the series with RS (technically played Firered but that doesn't count), but I enjoyed it far more than the previous games. Never cared much for the 2nd Gen pokes. And it didn't have that weird dungeon design that the first games had.

I take back my initial lack of ****s t' give. Do tell, why did ya enjoy RS moreso than previous generations? In detail if possible, pl0x.

Do tell, why did ya enjoy RS moreso than previous generations? In detail if possible, pl0x.

I'll try it.

Lets see. When you start, you're moving to the town, giving the protagonist reasons for starting his journey. This feels more natural compared to Red/blue where you suddenly decide to do stuff for some reason. Next, one of the gym leaders was his dad. This wasn't much of a big deal, but it did give a reason to what the heck was going on in the guy's life. Furthermore, your rival isn't a douche. It's more of a friendly rivalry this time around.

Then we got the villains. Unlike Rocket, these weren't just some gangsters without a clear goal that you just sorta run into. These were evil men that wanted to destroy the world(or just dramatically change it). So we got the traditional "boy who saves the world" scenario, common in every RPG. Additionally, this wasn't just one group striving to reach it's evil goals, we had TWO of these guys. This means there's two rival groups each trying to grind the other one down, and the protagonist encounters them as they fight for supremacy.

Then we got the theme and lore. RSE feature an overall weather theme, including elements and such. This means the guys on the cover are actually important to the plot. There's a myth that the water and fire/land godlike pokemon fought and eventually had to go into a slumber. If one could use their power, sh*t would happen. And once again, the villains come into play. This is an important occasion where the villains and the legendary pokemon come together. In other games, these 2 were separate things. Team Magma and Aqua want to use a mythical power to change the world. And then they actually go ahead and show this when, for example, Kyogre is awakened. It starts to rain everywhere. This was completely unexpected, and other games never had such a story-related impact.

Some minor RPG mechanics would be the introduction of Pokemon abilities and nature. This is a very important part of these types of games. Uniqueness to party members. For example, in FFVII you could virtually teach everyone everything. They had no abilities unique to each other. There was also the introduction of Pokemon contest, or whatever they're called. Minigames are also a long standby in RPG's, and this one was a quite elaborate. Then there's double battles.

Then there's personal things like the Pokemon and the design. I overall enjoyed them. Lots of water too.

Back