Xbox 360 Black Elite

Skeet Rag said:
actually you have to buy the hard drive separate...for $180.00

The PS3 can already do that by the way.

Yeah just to reiterate you're completely wrong. Its only that much when you buy a NEW hard drive for an already owned XBox...the ones with 20G. So stop all the hating.

Syntax said:
It means you have more memory..
I know that much. :p GB's or MB's are storage room, just wasn't sure if it meant better graphics as well...

So is the better buy this new Elite or a $500 PS3?

MasterJedi2U said:
Yeah just to reiterate you're completely wrong. Its only that much when you buy a NEW hard drive for an already owned XBox...the ones with 20G. So stop all the hating.

Ok, my bad, yeah I was wrong. I'm not hating. That's just what I read, and is what everyone was saying to me. The guys over at 1UP even thought this so...And it's their job. I made a mistake so whatever. I'm just saying that people bitched about the PS3 price, and everyone wants to run out and but this. It's only $20 cheaper than a PS3

Scuba Steve said:
Sure, this is bad news for early adopters of the 360. But isn't this the case w/ all new technology these days? Computers, TV's, and iPods are constantly updated. Maybe this is the first of many updates on all consoles. If only Nintendo could find a way to update the Wii graphics to HD w/o building an entirely new console. It'll never happen, but I can dream right?

As for the 360 update, I'd rather drop $600 for a PS3. Let's be real here, Sony will win this race.

LOL...thats hiliarious. Even with all of sony's fancy new things they still can't beat the Wii and Microsoft is now offering an even BETTER version of the XBox and you expect the P$3 to magically do better? Thats a really interesting fantasy though. Lets face facts...Microsoft has a ton more games (both already out and future titles both multiplat and exclusive) than Playstation does. The quality of games is better on the 360. The graphcis are VERY close to the ones on the PS3. The Online Service is loads better. And I and many others could care less about BluRay. And to top it all of this NEW version of the 360 has 6X the memory of the LOWER version of the P$3 and its cheaper plus come with all the necessary equipment. Anyways I'm all for getting an Elite and I can't wait till I get it. But first I gotta finish saving up money and get that HDTV and then I'll get it.

Last edited:
ok...the only reason I can see people getting an xbox "elite" is for the hard drive. What else could you possibly want with it other than that?

You can get the cheaper ps3 and find a cheap HDD. I have seen a external (case and power supply) 160gb hard drive for 30 euros....

BTW all the people that say the PS3 has no games...it just came out for Christ's sake. You say who cares about Blu-Ray...in a couple years it's going to be really popular. Almost all of the top movie companies are supporting it...

I still think for all that money on the "Elite" they could have at least added wifi...what the **** is that about?

Skeet Rag said:
BTW all the people that say the PS3 has no games...it just came out for Christ's sake.
That's actually a good point to remind nintendo fanboys on this forum (or vice versa, Sony fanboys on sony forums) even though most people read that sentence and just forget about it because they think they know it all already. A ton of Nintendo fanboys on here say this, "PS3 has no games, it sucks, but the wii, just give it time..."

Fanboyism - leave it at the door please

Skeet Rag said:
I still think for all that money on the "Elite" they could have at least added wifi...what the **** is that about?
Well the $500 PS3 doesn't have WiFi either. So for $20 cheaper you get a console with six times the HDD space, and more games. I will probably end up getting a PS3 anyway once some good games come out for it.

paintba||er said:

Well the $500 PS3 doesn't have WiFi either. So for $20 cheaper you get a console with six times the HDD space, and more games. I will probably end up getting a PS3 anyway once some good games come out for it.

Ok, but look at it this way: Sony DID offer wifi...it was an upgrade to the one without it. The elite is an upgrade to the 360, and they didn't even have it as an option. I'm just saying that instead of an HDMI that a lot of people do not want, why not give them something that they will actually use? Hell, they already make you pay for LIVE...it's just my opinion that it should have at least been an option to have Wifi...if you don't think so then just pay the extra money and go buy the wireless adapter...

Ok...but that's not what I was talking about...I was talking about the fact that the elite xbox is an upgrade to the 360...neither have a wifi option. You have to pay extra for an overpriced wireless adapter. Just like you have to pay extra for an external HD-DVD drive. Why not include them? It makes things easier.

Skeet Rag said:
Ok...but that's not what I was talking about...I was talking about the fact that the elite xbox is an upgrade to the 360...neither have a wifi option. You have to pay extra for an overpriced wireless adapter. Just like you have to pay extra for an external HD-DVD drive. Why not include them? It makes things easier.
Because not everyone wants them. With the 360 you have the choice to just get the most basic system or one with everything. The PS3 forces you to get the high end systems with Blue-ray and **** that is unnecessary for gaming.

Back