Xbox 360 topples Wii's dominance for September

Monsteroids said:
I just rented the 360!

IT.... IS..... GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Halo 3 RULES!!!!!!!! OHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!

:) I'm so happy!

How can you rent a 360, where? Cuz I wanna try it.

Damn Wii fell behind. I mean it's not really that bad since Wii's are still in limited quantity and more importantly 360 has been out a lot longer. Thirdly, Wii can probably come back on top when Galaxy and Smash Bros come out. They won't be as sale-drawing as Halo was for 360 but they'll still boost the sales.

The events are independent from our enjoyment of our Wii so who cares? It's like there's a bunch of stockholders on this board, sweating over sales figures.

MS sold a bunch of Halo 3 games and their console outsold the Wii for in a given month.

We continued to play Zelda and MP8 and enjoy the hell out of them.

No connection. :D

~DT

... you forgot to mention...
And Nintendo continued to make money on all the Wii consoles it sold, while Microsoft and Sony continue to discount their consoles and have lost money on each one they have sold from the start. ... And the people who enjoy their Wii still continued enjoying playing games and looking forward to new games coming out.

You have to understand - Halo 3 was the big bread and butter and with that 360 sales "just" beat the Wii. All the Wii had going for it as a comparison was Metroid which sold 170,000 last month. However, the best selling game was Wii Play with way over 200,000. And, there are still shortages of Wii all over the place. Nintendo is getting back their dominance by diversifying to the masses...the hardcore gamer and the casual. It will be fun to see how PS3 finally does with their price cut!

I know it's not only a console game, the Orange Box (Half-life 2, etc.) should surpase even Halo3. I have been a long-time HL player (I was one of the first beta members) and even though I have the Orange Box on PC I'll likely get it for my 360 too.

It also sold more copies on only the 360 this week than Halo3 did. Although Halo3's first week beat OB's first week.

Time will tell. Shame MS didn't release Halo3 for PC too.

halo 3 sold 3.3million in 10 days...so little....WHAT?!
It was released the end of September
Fanboys... I love my Wii but to call that disappointing is moronic

Back