Yoshi's Story

Well, I'll tell you one thing: Yoshi's Story blows hardcore. There are better Yoshi games available.

I didn't think Yoshi's Island was that bad, but it's no where near the class of the original. It's an ok game with charming graphics, but still worth it IMO.

En4Neo said:
I didn't think Yoshi's Island was that bad, but it's no where near the class of the original. It's an ok game with charming graphics, but still worth it IMO.
Are you referring to "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" for the SNES, or Yoshi's Story for the N64?

CaseyCor said:
Are you referring to "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" for the SNES, or Yoshi's Story for the N64?

Silly mistake, I meant Yoshis Story.

yoshis story for n64 was really cute. i enjoyed that game. i also played it for the gameboy advance. it was kind of doofy and slow esp when you made yoshi "glide" across plateus (you know that annoying grunt that he makes and he runs as he glides lol)

anyways, i thought it was a decent game at most.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
yoshis story for n64 was really cute. i enjoyed that game. i also played it for the gameboy advance. it was kind of doofy and slow esp when you made yoshi "glide" across plateus (you know that annoying grunt that he makes and he runs as he glides lol)

anyways, i thought it was a decent game at most.

The gameboy advance version you mentioned was actually the original (Which was actually called SMW 2: Yoshi's Island). It was ported from the SNES to the Gameboy advance.
You sound like you didn't play the original as much as Yoshi's Story for N64, but the original is way better, even if it seems slow and clunky at first, and Yoshi grunts while he flutter-jumps. Though Yoshi's Story did have a few cool features. I scored the secret Black and White Yoshis, they were awesome.
The best in the series is the new one for DS. One of my top 3 side-scrollers for sure.

I never got to play it but I wouldn't mind checking it out. If it does come to VC maybe I'll give it a look.

Back