ZELDA THREAD!!

That's not a very optimistic future of video games and storytelling.

I'm saying that this game in the past did stuff right. That's excellent. Placing a game next to other great works of men is a great honor. It's quite optimistic.
Mr. MR said:
Because art is a way of telling truths from any perspective and video games are not widely considered as art. The very name "game" holds it down.

Except that goes for everything. I see a commercial for the latest film or see a low quality book and consider it garbage.

Your not getting the point
There will always be good and bad

But Storytelling is something that is restricted in video games

Your not getting the point
There will always be good and bad

But Storytelling is something that is restricted in video games

Except that storytelling is strongest in games. Being a part of something is superior than simply watching or reading about it.

Except that storytelling is strongest in games. Being a part of something is superior than simply watching or reading about it.
No it isn't
Anyone who has read a good story knows that reading plays off of your own imagination.
Flims uses the imagination of everyone involved with it, almost a collaboration of visions.

Video games is a unique way of storytelling medium but it will probably never get the chance to become great.

No it isn't
Anyone who has read a good story knows that reading plays off of your own imagination.
Flims uses the imagination of everyone involved with it, almost a collaboration of visions.

Video games is a unique way of storytelling medium but it will probably never get the chance to become great.

Broaden your horizons. That's the best recommendation I can give you.

Reading is restricted to whatever the writer writes while watching something is simply observation. With video games, you are virtually experiencing the creation firsthand. I tell you, playing Goldeneye is a hellavalot more fullfilling than watching the movie. More so than reading about it as well.

Broaden your horizons. That's the best recommendation I can give you.

Reading is restricted to whatever the writer writes while watching something is simply observation. With video games, you are virtually experiencing the creation firsthand. I tell you, playing Goldeneye is a hellavalot more fullfilling than watching the movie. More so than reading about it as well.
I am not bashing video games nor saying it is superior. If I didn't play video games I would not be here. You need to broaden your horizons. One is not superior than the other. It's simply a medium for people to tell a story with. Art has many different forms and one is not better than the other.

Goldeneye is a very poor example of how video gaming is the master race of storytelling. You need to find yourself a good written story. Writing has been mastered over the years. And it has become more poetic. Video games on the other hand still needs to be polished especially in the storytelling department.

Back