007 legends?

Since the gamepad is the main controller of the Wii U, it's 99% likely Legends' non-motion control setup will be a lot more encompassin' than the classic controller was for Goldeneye. The Wiimote + Nunchuck will probably just be a copy-paste, give or take new features in the game to be mapped differently 'course.

In other words, the gamers like you 'n me who prefer a joystick should be just grand, bar some unlikely, gigantic **** up.

When I stop and think about it, i still am a bit miffed that the wiimote gives advantages over the normal controller;
some things are just impossible to do with the normal controlling, like leaning sideways. It is just not right.

The game was designed first and foremost to be played on the Wii. I believe the CCP was intended to be a "secondary" form of control to make it more appealing to "non-wii" FPS players... Even the N64 version was single analog stick contolled.

first reviews on legends arent too good.
that said ign does not say much bad about the multiplayer
and since i mostly play multi with an fps the game might be good for me.
still if nobody likes the single player and the game really does play dull, then perhaps it is better to look for a diiferenct fps on the wii u
that is if you gonna buy a wii u

That sucks that the reviews don't look too good. I'm still not sure on forking over the $ for a Wii U and getting the game (been debating over it with Hubby.) I don't know if it'll be worth it... does anyone have the article about the reviews of the game? Thanks.

Thanks Stephen! Much appreciated. Wow! That is really a bad rating. :( Do you think they are comparing it to the GE game?

Nah...they rated it that because they don't feel it does the "Bond Legacy" justice. IGN thinks they could've done so much more for the game in terms of playability and accuracy to "Bond" plots/characters. Apparently, they didn't even get the original actors to do the voice-overs! Wow...

Last edited:
Depends. If I did get it, I would buy it for the same reason I currently play Wii Goldeneye --> the online multiplayer. I'll probably wait and see what the reviews are on that first. Either way, I'm not getting the Wii U right away; I'm gonna wait for them to "work the bugs out" first!

This all screams of CoD favoritism, no one should let those bad reviews; which are quite bad in bias; completely turn them off from Legends.

CoD has a stranglehold on bigger gaming review sites 'cause it's so bloody popular among the internet crowd. Reviewers will intentionally praise CoD where it doesn't deserve it (coughsingleplayercough) as to not alienate their easily butthurt CoD fans, while they'd diss other shooters that aren't awesome-tacular A-list titles whereas a large fanbase would outright leave their forums if they did, like Mass Effect for example. ... I feel guilt mentioning CoD and ME in the same damn paragraph.

Legends' singleplayer might be ****, sure. Do you play Goldeneye for singleplayer? No. Will ya play Legends for it? Again, no. I'm not sayin' all these reviews are outright wrong, it is possible the developers even ****ed up the main focus of their efforts, the online play. But what I am sayin', is that this is unlikely. Hold your breath y'all, Legends is by no means t' be regarded as a legendary piece of **** just yet. Search for smaller review sites, youtube reviews, etc. and see if ya can't find praise for the online elements of the game.

Well i've been reading friends posts on Legends forums and chatting to a few that have the game for the xbox and the feedback is not positive. To be fair none have played the campaign yet and we've yet to see what the WiiU version is like but the main complaints are....

Only 8 online maps.

Maps are too big / not well designed. Only 2 seem to get the thumbs up so far.

Game HAS GOT a CoD feel to it

Too slow....it has not got the pace of GE

If it has no support for Wiimote and a lack of pace thenI deffo won't be getting it, another disappointment :(

Er... My big ol', well thought out post has already become closer to bein' a moot point. Grand. :lol: So these friends'a yours are sayin' the game barely resembles all that was good in Goldeneye?

Still won't stop me from buyin' Goldeneye.

well, gues i will be getting black ops for the wii u instead.
i havent played call of duty yet, except maybe on the pc (was hat cod? cant remember)

so i am hoping it will be good and resembling the goldeneye multi from the wii

If it has no support for Wiimote and a lack of pace thenI deffo won't be getting it, another disappointment :(

No support for the wiimote?!?!!? Say wha...? It must. If it doesn't, it won't be worth my $! That is one of my favorite things about Wii Goldeneye - the wiimote control setup. It is far superior than conventional controller setup IMHO, and more fun!

No :nunchuck: or :wiimote:....they would be out of their minds! It...just...has to!!!

Back