2005 YU55 passes Nov 8 2011

trollface

WiiChat Member
Apr 5, 2011
co
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Mark your calenders!

2005 YU55 is the largest known asteroid to pass within the moon’s distance in recorded history. I believe you will be able to view it with a decent pair of binoculars.

comet20110502.gif

Reminds of the Asteroid's arcade game.

I love how close it gets to the moon. Moon's like GTFO asteroid! Probably 100s of 1000s KMs but holy **** imagine if the projection is off. That would be something to see!

Last edited:
Speaking of uncontrollable mass destruction in another thread...

Missed the last meteorain due to rain, so I might look into this.

Speaking of uncontrollable mass destruction in another thread...

Missed the last meteorain due to rain, so I might look into this.

Speaking of.. The other night I was out having a smoke and as usual gazing at Sirius and I just happened to catch the most awesome meteor. Probably the brightest Ive ever seen. Haha also, I did see some weird light right before sunset in the area the day before. Very weird. Like it just moved straight up into nothing... Always seeing weird **** in autumn...

Speaking of.. The other night I was out having a smoke and as usual gazing at Sirius and I just happened to catch the most awesome meteor. Probably the brightest Ive ever seen. Haha also, I did see some weird light right before sunset in the area the day before. Very weird. Like it just moved straight up into nothing... Always seeing weird **** in autumn...
A helicopter that got behind some clouds?

A helicopter that got behind some clouds?

Yeah exactly what it was.. I think I just found it odd that the light was incredibly bright even tho the sun was bright enough. At first glimpse, it looked like sunlight shining through a small opening in the clouds which is the only reason I even noticed and then it appeared to rise straight up and disappear. Pretty cool affect but yeah just an aircraft.

>Overcast
Damn you weather every damn time something happens up there you block my view

'Less you have next to no light pollution, you probably wouldn't see it regardless of the overcast Prinny. Apparently it's only got magnitude 10 for the bright scale astronomers use and what not; which is to say, it's almost as dark as the night sky itself.

Weather conditions for events like this have been utter garbage for the past few years... ... ... ._.

Back