360 attach rate now 7 games per console

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
The Wii may consistently take the console sales crown, but there is no denying that the Xbox 360 sells the most software. As if to drive this point home, Microsoft CFO Chris Liddell recently told CNBC that the Xbox 360's life-to-date attach rate now rests at seven games sold per Xbox 360 Console. As Eurogamer points out, the latest attach rate is significantly higher than the 5.3 attach rate reported last January. Further illustrating just how momentous this feat is, Liddell pointed out that 360 owners are now spending more money on games than an Xbox 360 itself. It's an important point to make, especially for third party publishers. After all, companies want their games where the money is.

Source

I guess thats gonna sway more 3rd party developers to go multiplatform instead of going exclusive in PS3/Wii or even go exclusive on 360.

7 games? who the hell buys 7 games at one time, specially with a $$ 360

I dont think it means games bought at the same time as console. Basically I think it means, that Xbox selling 17.7million then the software sales are around 865+ million games sold.

Hmm lemme think...

I have...

13 Xbox 360 games, but I don't think I've paid full price for any of them. (I used to work at Best Buy, and I bought a few on sale)

Uh no... there was an article someone posted. Wii's attach rate is low, almost the same as PS3 with 4.64 games per console.

You have to remember all the Wii owners are like the people on these forums. Most of them are casual gamers or kids who's parents bought them the Wii.

Speak for yourself, Every game i've bought so far i've clocked withing 24 hours of first opening the case!
I play games to death, the Wii is my substitute for Quake 3 Area, among other games. The Wii's going from strengths to strength in what some people refer to as Hardcore games!
It's alla bout time and patience!

LOL, about the thread, errm, allot of casual gamer's are a problem though, i heard allot of them dn't even know new games have come out for the wii yet.

What do you mean speak for myself? I didn't say anything about how long I play a game...

What do you mean you clocked within 24 hours of opening?

Anyway... I got a Xbox 360 like 5 months ago and so far I have 9 360 games and 6 original Xbox games.

I was just saying what I had because I had no idea what you were talking about :p

I didn't say you were a casual gamer. I said the average Wii owner is a casual gamer or just some kid whos parents bought them the Wii. Just because the people in these forums have alot of games that doesn't mean all gamers are like that.

Ive had my Wii longer than my 360 but I only have 5 games (not counting Wii Sports). So as you can see, not everyone is the same. But btw, how the hell do you beat a game in the first 24 hours. Thats not hardcore thats insane. You don't have anything else to do that would warrant a break?

T3kNi9e said:
Uh no... there was an article someone posted. Wii's attach rate is low, almost the same as PS3 with 4.64 games per console.

You have to remember all the Wii owners are like the people on these forums. Most of them are casual gamers or kids who's parents bought them the Wii.

Yes, the Wii attach rate was quite low. I believe it was closer to 5, but still that is pretty bad. You'd think even the casual would buy more games than that, especially since most of the "casual" games are like 10 bucks..or should be :lol:

Keep in mind though most of the people on here are not casual gamers, at least not the ones who post nearly everyday. The casual ones are the people who come in and post once asking about Wii questions or problems. I know that wasn't the main point of this post, but I am just saying.

Yea thats what im sayin. So most of the people here are bound to own alot of games. Atleast the ones who post almost everday like you said. The only reason why I dont own more Wii games is because I have 2 other consoles.

360 is mad. I only have 4 games, but I JUST got it and it's been broken for almost 2 months. It's so fun and addicting, the appeal is natural. I've never met anyone who hated the 360 except for Nintendo/PS3 fanboys. I love all 3 consoles, but the 360 truly is amazing.

Back