3rd party HDMI cables perhaps?

Digitalldj

G'd up from the feet up
Jan 9, 2007
Wii Online Code
4877-3781-9603-3455
has anyone seen/heard of any 3rd party companies releasing an HDMI cable for the Wii?

i'm fairly desperate for one at the moment, and would be willing to pay a pretty penny for one, but i'm afriad that none are still out there :(

and leave your "Wii doesnt need HDMI" out of this, if thats all you have to say you really have no idea about home theatres/quality setups.

There are, but many of them suck.

Many many users have complained that some do not work at all

Just go for the official ones on ebay or something

are there actually "official" HDMI cables for it?

no frummage is talking about the third party pheriperals but just look around for them you may find them.

The 3rd party ones sold at best buy are excellent, I have them and they work great.

Digitalldj said:
are there actually "official" HDMI cables for it?
I think so. Or you can just get the composite cable (or component. I forget which is the HD one) and get an adaptor?

I don't own an HDTV.

I'm pretty sure there are no HDMI cables for Wii. I've never seen them and at 480p they wouldn't make much of a difference from component cables. I got component cables for $5 shipped from Dealextreme.com but they're based in Hong Kong and took about a month to get to the states. Works great though and the price is unbeatable

i need HDMI as my receiver cannot send component video signal to the projector through HDMI

Well, I haven't seen any HDMI cables for the Wii. But you could probably get component cables for the Wii, run those into your receiver, then get an set of regular component cables and run those from your receiver to the projector.

I'm guessing if your receiver and projector are nice enough to have HDMI I/O's they both should have Component I/O's.

This may involve changing both the receiver and the projector over to component mode when you want to play the Wii, but it'll get the job done.

Good luck!

thedaini said:
Well, I haven't seen any HDMI cables for the Wii. But you could probably get component cables for the Wii, run those into your receiver, then get an set of regular component cables and run those from your receiver to the projector.

I'm guessing if your receiver and projector are nice enough to have HDMI I/O's they both should have Component I/O's.

This may involve changing both the receiver and the projector over to component mode when you want to play the Wii, but it'll get the job done.

Good luck!

projector is ceiling mounted..

There are also S-video cables available. It's not Component quality and not HDMI, but it's quite a bit better than composite.

Back