$40 off Circut City coupon inside

DR650SE

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
My buddy showed me this from slickdeals.com and I used it yesterday to get my Wii for $210 and it worked so i though i would pass it on so you can save money for a game or whatever you want. If it doesn't work google it, something like $40 off circut city coupon.

http://www.stealdeals.net/prdct_images/coupons/cccoupon3.pdf

I used it so I KNOW it works

You can find lots of good stuff there apparently

That is odd. That $40 coupon says that it is only good during 2006.

-Merc

Hmm interesting, too bad im not going to buy anything from them anytime soon. I'll try it when im going to buy my 360.

From Gizmondo:

Yesterday in our Dealzmodo, we posted a link to a $40 Circuit City coupon, which could be used on a Wii if they were available this weekend. Then we saw this post on digg:

ADVERTISEMENT CORRECTION NOTICE

Circuit City is no longer participating in the AllConnect "Getting You Plugged In" Coupon Offers.

Because an error in production regarding limitations occurred, we had no choice but to expire this offer. We apologize for any convenience or disappointment this may cause you, our valued customer.

But the plot thickens within the digg comments (yes, I read comments)...

"Actually this is not Gizmodo's fault. Circuit City just changed the coupon. My boss and I are both looking for Wiis and I told him about it right away. He printed the coupon and then I went back to my desk to print mine. I saw the "excludes video game hardware" blurb and went to show him. He does not have that blurb. Both versions have the same serial number. Good thing we have a photocopy machine."

So not only was the coupon less-awesomefied by no longer applying to consoles, but later pulled completely (no longer applying to anything). Should companies be allowed to change offers in this manner...and is it me, or do retailers not take the online sector very seriously?

Why should they not be allowed to change their offers? They're the ones giving you money off a product in their store. It's up to them to exclude certain products from the offer or even pulling the coupon altogether. As long as they honor coupons printed before the changes too, they haven't done anything wrong.

As for the second question, retailers(at least Best Buy) are taking the online sector very seriously. They realize there is just as much money to be made online. Circuit Shitty may be different, but then again, it's Circuit. They aren't exactly a flourishing company anymore.

Back