5th Generation of Pokemon - New Starter Pokemon Suggestions

Jeff25 said:
Here's some more ideas I have that I didnt mention before:

Fire Starter:
Elephire - Pronounced "Ele" "fire" (Elephant + Fire)
Small Elephant PKMN
Height: 2'00" Weight: 26 lbs
Evolves: Lv. 18
Type(s):[/I] Fire
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Elephlare - Pronounced "Ele" "Flare" (Elephant + Flare)
Lava Elephant PKMN
Height: 3"07" Weight: 79 lbs
Evolves: Lv. 36
Type(s): Fire/Ground
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Magmammoth - Pronounced "Mag" "Mam" "Oth" (Magma + Mammoth)
Magma Elephant PKMN
Height: 7'07" Weight: 363 lbs
Signature Move: Magma Burst (Fire move) (Power: 150, Acc.: 70)
Description: An enormous mammoth with large tusks. The tips of the Tusks blaze with fire, and it's fur coat is slightly red/orange-like, which represents its Fire type.
Stats (Highest to Lowest): HP, Attack, Defence, Sp. Def., Sp. Attk., Speed

Grass Starter:
Churroot - Pronounced "Churr" "Plant" (Churp + Root)
Tiny Tree Bird PKMN
Height: 1'04" Weight: 10 lbs
Evolves: Lv. 14
Type(s): Grass/Flying
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Soaroot - Pronounced "Sore" "Root" (Soar + Root)
Soaring Hawk PKMN
Height: 3'00" Weight: 54 lbs
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Vulcherroot - Pronounced "Vul" "Cher" "Root" (Vulcher + Root)
Tallon Vulcher PKMN
Height: 5'11" Weight: 130 lbs
Signature Move: Rumble Root (Grass move) (Power: 120, Acc.: 90)
Description: A speedy vulcher, with sharp tallons. Its apperance is similar to a Fearow, but it's feathers are a beautiful green-like color, and on it's head appears to be a small bush, unlike the red mo-hawk-like hair doo on a Fearow's head. It stares down enemies with its piercing eyes.
Stats (Highest to Lowest): Speed, Attack, Sp. Attk., HP, Sp. Def., Defense

I know I have a Water type Starter Idea to go with these two, but I couldn't remember what it was while I was posting this...so I'll have to post it later once I remember or come up with a new one.

Well,those are good ideas....but I like mine better(no ofence).........and I like the new Avatar Jeff!

Last edited:
Nick Atack said:
Well,those are good ideas....but I like mine better(no ofence).........and I like the new Avatar Jeff!

Thanks Nick, I have other avatars like that on my computer:D. I change it every now and then.

No offense taken either:thumbsup:. That's why I made this thread, just for people who like to be creative and share their ideas with other PKMN fans.

Oh, and if you want to see my Water Starter idea from my last post, it'll be down below after the quote...

\/ \/ \/ \/

Jeff25 said:
Fire Starter:
Elephire - Pronounced "Ele" "fire" (Elephant + Fire)
Small Elephant PKMN
Height: 2'00" Weight: 26 lbs
Evolves: Lv. 18
Type(s): Fire
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Elephlare - Pronounced "Ele" "Flare" (Elephant + Flare)
Lava Elephant PKMN
Height: 3"07" Weight: 79 lbs
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Magmammoth - Pronounced "Mag" "Mam" "Oth" (Magma + Mammoth)
Magma Elephant PKMN
Height: 7'07" Weight: 363 lbs
Signature Move: Magma Burst (Fire move) (Power: 150, Acc.: 70)
Description: An enormous mammoth with large tusks. The tips of the Tusks blaze with fire, and it's fur coat is slightly red/orange-like, which represents its Fire type.
Stats (Highest to Lowest): HP, Attack, Defence, Sp. Def., Sp. Attk., Speed

Grass Starter:
Churroot - Pronounced "Churr" "Root" (Churp + Root)
Tiny Tree Bird PKMN
Height: 1'04" Weight: 10 lbs
Evolves: Lv. 14
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Soaroot - Pronounced "Sore" "Root" (Soar + Root)
Soaring Hawk PKMN
Height: 3'00" Weight: 54 lbs
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Vulcherroot - Pronounced "Vul" "Cher" "Root" (Vulcher + Root)
Tallon Vulcher PKMN
Height: 5'11" Weight: 130 lbs
Signature Move: Rumble Root (Grass move) (Power: 120, Acc.: 90)
Description: A speedy vulcher, with sharp tallons. Its apperance is similar to a Fearow, but it's feathers are a beautiful green-like color, and on it's head appears to be a small bush, unlike the red mo-hawk-like hair doo on a Fearow's head. It stares down enemies with its piercing eyes.
Stats (Highest to Lowest): Speed, Attack, Sp. Attk., HP, Sp. Def., Defense

Water Starter:
Tidog - Pronounced "Tie" "dog" (Tide + Dog)
Tidal Wave Pup PKMN
Height: 1'08" Weight: 18 lbs
Type(s): Water
Evolves: Lv. 16
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Tsunamutt Pronounced "Sue" "Na" "Mutt" (Tsunami + Mutt)
Tsunami Hound PKMN
Height: 3'03" Weight: 60 lbs
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Huricanine - Pronounced "Hurr" "ah" "k" "Nine" (Hurricane + K-9)
Hurricane PKMN
Height: 6'03" Weight: 231lbs
Signature Move: Hurricane (Water move) (Pow: 120, Acc.: 95)
Description: A large hound dog Pokemon that can create hurricanes with one howl. It's looks like a mix between Entei & Arcanine in a way, and some may say it's the "Water type version of Arcanine". It can also whip-up strong wind attacks such as Razor Wind & Twister.
Stats (Highest to Lowest): Sp. Attk., Attk., HP, Speed, Def., Sp. Def.

Last edited:
Jeff25 said:
Thanks Nick, I have other avatars like that on my computer:D. I change it every now and then.

No offense taken either:thumbsup:. That's why I made this thread, just for people who like to be creative and share their ideas with other PKMN fans.

Oh, and if you want to see my Water Starter idea from my last post, it'll be down below after the quote...

\/ \/ \/ \/

Water Starter:
Tidog - Pronounced "Tie" "dog" (Tide + Dog)
Tidal Wave Pup PKMN
Height: 1'08" Weight: 18 lbs
Evolves: Lv. 16
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Tsunamutt Pronounced "Sue" "Na" "Mutt" (Tsunami + Mutt)
Tsunami Hound PKMN
Height: 3'03" Weight: 60 lbs
\/
Evolves to...
\/
Huricanine - Pronounced "Hurr" "ah" "k" "Nine" (Hurricane + K-9)
Hurricane PKMN
Height: 6'03" Weight: 231lbs
Signature Move: Hurricane (Water move) (Pow: 120, Acc.: 95)
Description: A large hound dog Pokemon that can create hurricanes with one howl. It's looks like a mix between Entei & Arcanine in a way, and some may say it's the "Water type version of Arcanine". It can also whip-up strong wind attacks such as Razor Wind & Twister.
Stats (Highest to Lowest): Sp. Attk., Attk., HP, Speed, Def., Sp. Def.
:lol: Not bad!! My favarite of yours is the Water Dogs.....and mabye you could get a Pokemon Sig?

Last edited:
I think the idea of Fire, Water, and Grass/Plant has been used to much. How about an electric starter or rock or fighting. Anything, really. Who said it had to fire, water or grass besides tradition?

MazenXD said:
Hisshot sounds like his shot as in (he toke his shot and he missed the toilet)

Yeah I kinda figured someone would pick that out sooner or later. That's just how the name looks, but if you were to say it, it'd sound like "Hiss" (like a snake's hiss), and "Hot" (like something's hot temperature wise). It's not "his" "shot":p.

That's really the only good Fire-like name I could come up with for a Snake Pokemon Fire Type. The other names I came up with didn't really sound too good:sick:.

iOwnage said:
I think the idea of Fire, Water, and Grass/Plant has been used to much. How about an electric starter or rock or fighting. Anything, really. Who said it had to fire, water or grass besides tradition?

Well I think the reason the Pokemon starters in each game are always Grass, Fire and Water types are because probobably the creators of the game wanted to go with something similar to the main elements of the Earth or something...Fire, Land (or Grass), & Water. I also think they wanted to stick with what was being shown on the TV show too. I personally like the Fire, Grass, or Water tradition, but yeah I agree with you to some degree iOwnage. Maybe they could throw in a game that gives you different options. Maybe instead of being given a Pokemon to start with, you'd have to catch your own in the wild, that'd be cool.

But I doubt the tradition will change much. The only game I've played that gave you a totally different type of starter was Pokemon Yellow, where you'd get Pikachu as your starter, but again, that game was based on the Cartoon show, like what I mentioned earlier:p.

It seems they have tried to put a bit of variety in the evolution stages of the starters though, like Empoleon's Steel type, or Charizard's Flying type. If you count up the other starter evolutions you'll find some differences in their second type:
Charizard - Fire/Flying
Venusaur - Grass/Poison
Blaziken - Fire/Fighting
Swampert - Water/Ground
Torterra - Grass/Ground
Infernape - Fire/Fighting
Empoleon - Water/Steel

Maybe this is the Pokemon Company's way of putting different types with the starters:confused:...

I've seen somewhere on the internet one time, that they were thinking about making a Psychic, Fighting and Dark starter trio. That would be a good starter trio, because Psychic beats Fighting, Fighting beats Dark, and Dark beats Psychic, an intertwined circle where one type beats the other:p. Just like Fire beats Grass, Grass beats Water, and Water beats Fire:D.

Last edited:
Grass
Fire
Water

This little cycle is used since it is at it's most basic, the easiest three part cycle to understand, being that one is resisted, and one is 2x SE to each side.

The only other alternative to a balanced starter point, would be something like
Psychic, Dark, Fighting. The problem with this is that dark is COMPLEATLY immune to psychic. The idea is that starters have the rock paper scissors relationship with each other.

Strype McClaine said:
Grass
Fire
Water...
...The idea is that starters have the rock paper scissors relationship with each other.

Well put Strype McClaine:thumbsup:. That's basically why the only starters that would be a good fit are always Grass, Fire and Water.

I like the "Rock-Paper-Scissors" analogy too:p.

Hope that answers your question about why there's only Grass Fire and Water starters iOwnage:yesnod:.

Jeff25 said:
Well put Strype McClaine:thumbsup:. That's basically why the only starters that would be a good fit are always Grass, Fire and Water.

I like the "Rock-Paper-Scissors" analogy too:p.

Hope that answers your question about why there's only Grass Fire and Water starters iOwnage:yesnod:.
:lol: What if they added a Paper and Scissors type!!!! :p They already have a Rock type so........
Mabye Sizeor(The guy that evolves from Syther) v.s. Geodude and .........ummm....Mr.Paper!!!

Last edited:
Nick Atack said:
:lol: What if they added a Paper and Scissors type!!!! :p They already have a Rock type so........
Mabye Sizeor(The guy that evolves from Syther) v.s. Geodude and .........ummm....Mr.Paper!!!
Ummn, I already made that joke in my first post.

Nick Atack said:

paper and scizzer type would be pointless...

Nick Atack said:

I'd have to agree with Plazmis on that one.

No offense Nick Atack, but a "Paper" type and "Scissor" type Pokemon would be kinda silly. I think they have enough types as far as they go. There's already 17 types, not to mention the "Shadow" type from Pokemon XD.

It used to be just 15, but once the Gold/Silver/Crystal games cam out, they added "Dark" and "Steel", which brought the total Pokemon types to 17.

I'd just like to take a minute to voice my oppinions about those Contest buildings found in some Pokemon games.
I think the Contests from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and Diamond/Pearl are just a waste of time. I mean, no male Pokemon player will ever even enter a Contest tent/building unless it contained a decent item or TM. I think the reason for the Contest feature of these games are intended for female Pokemon players, if there are any, which I'm sure are.

Personally, I've never entered a Contest exept for the first time (just to see what it was like). You don't get anything important for winning, except a Ribbon, and maybe an Item and a small photo of your winning Pokemon on the wall of the building:rolleyes:.

Nick Atack said:
=c:wtf: :l...I was kidding....and Jeff,just a suggestion,but mabye you could have a SHINYPokemon Avatar!!!!

nah, I prefer the normal colored Pokemon:p. It's just a personal preferance though.

But thanks for the suggestion Nick!:thumbsup:

And if you or anyone else is woundering...my next post of new starter ideas is coming soon:), just have to think some more about them!
So have patients!:D

Plazmis3 said:
paper and scizzer type would be pointless...
=c:wtf: :l...I was kidding....and Jeff,just a suggestion,but mabye you could have a SHINYPokemon Avatar!!!!
Jeff25 said:
I'd have to agree with Plazmis on that one.

No offense Nick Atack, but a "Paper" type and "Scissor" type Pokemon would be kinda silly. I think they have enough types as far as they go. There's already 17 types, not to mention the "Shadow" type from Pokemon XD.

It used to be just 15, but once the Gold/Silver/Crystal games cam out, they added "Dark" and "Steel", which brought the total Pokemon types to 17.

I'd just like to take a minute to voice my oppinions about those Contest buildings found in some Pokemon games.
I think the Contests from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and Diamond/Pearl are just a waste of time. I mean, no male Pokemon player will ever even enter a Contest tent/building unless it contained a decent item or TM. I think the reason for the Contest feature of these games are intended for female Pokemon players, if there are any, which I'm sure are.

Personally, I've never entered a Contest exept for the first time (just to see what it was like). You don't get anything important for winning, except a Ribbon, and maybe an Item and a small photo of your winning Pokemon on the wall of the building:rolleyes:.
Contests arnt pointless,there kinda fun....and if you beat all Master Contest you will get somthing I think.....and in the Big Picture of things,the Game is only for fun,like thae Contest in the game is only for fun.....

Back