5th Generation of Pokemon - New Starter Pokemon Suggestions

Nick Atack said:
I was Kidding!...and contest arnt pointless,there kinda fun....and if you beat all Master Contest you will get somthing I think.....and in the Big Picture of things,the Game is only for fun,like thae Contest in the game is only for fun.....

True, I'll admit, the game is for fun all in all, but some people take it too seriously...I just don't like contests, that's probably why I put them down alot:p.
Sorry if I offended ya or whatever.

BUT ANYWAY, I THINK THIS THREAD IS GETTING A BIT OFF TOPIC...IT MIGHT"VE BEEN MY FAULT THOUGH, BUT LETS GET BACK TO STARTER IDEAS FOR A POSSIBLE 5TH GENERATION!:p

Last edited:
Jeff25 said:
True, I'll admit, the game is for fun all in all, but some people take it too seriously...I just don't like contests, that's probably why I put them down alot:p.
Sorry if I offended ya or whatever.BUT ANYWAY, I THINK THIS THREAD IS GETTING A BIT OFF TOPIC...IT MIGHT"VE BEEN MY FAULT THOUGH, BUT LETS GET BACK TO STARTER IDEAS FOR A POSSIBLE 5TH GENERATION!:p
Na I dont like em like Major,but there cool I guess...no offence taken....what I ment by Shiny ,Jeff,is,a Pokemon of a different color,like a Shiny Charazard is Black,and a Shiny Gyarados is Red.....
Oh,and Jeff,heres another Pokemon Thread if you want to go to it:
http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/42089-pokemon-super-smash-bros-brawl.html

And heres my updated Pokemon List:
OK,a Water Squid Starter,a Skeleten crab Jack o lanturn guy,and a Grass Starter that looks kinda like a Flying Thwomp that bumps things...

Water
Squikala-Squid Pokemon-a Mini Squid with a Sea Shell hat-Water-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Special Attack
Tentifan-Tenticle Pokemon-Has HUGE Tenticles and in a Seashell-Water-Best Stat is Defence-Worst is Specal Attack
Cethalasquid-Giant Squid Pokemon-A Giant Squid with Spiky Suckers,horns,and Blue tipped tenticles-has beak that can breath ice-Water Dragon-Sig Move-Tentacle Blast-Fun Fact-Cethala comes from the Squid and Octopus Family called Cethalapoda.There are more members than just Squids and Octopuses in the Family-Best Stat is Speed and Attack-Worst is ...well,Defence is a bit worse than the others

Grass
Bumbillbee-Bumper Pokemon-a Square tiny Green Bee like Pokemon-Grass-Bumbillbee is a pun on Bump and bee-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Specel.Attack
Thumpath-Bumper Pokemon-A big Green Pokemon with Spikes and more wings-Grass Rock-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Special Atack
Smashtrek-Destruction Pokemon-still has wings,huge and green,Arms and Legs with MANY Spikes on body-Grass Rock-Sig Move is Smashing Finish-Fun Fact-Body is similar to Regice's.....-Beat Stats are attack and Speed.Speed is Suprizingly Good-Worst is Special attack

Fire
Pumpbones-Pumpkin Pokemon-A Jack o lantern that is set Ablaze-can see bones under it-Fire Grass-First Fire and Grass Type I think-Best Stat is Special Attack-Worst is Attack
Cartomaroe-Bone Pokemon-A Jack o lantern with Bones for legs-arms are Claw bones-on fire-Fire Ground-Best Stat is special Attack-worst is Speed
Skelifire- Bone Crab Pokemon-a Skeliten Crab with a Blazing Jack o lantern Shell-green roots under Pumpkin lanturn-Fire Ground-best at Defense and Special Defence-Worst at Speed-Sig move is Fire Root

Last edited:
Hey Nick, I know what you mean when you say "Shiny Pokemon", but I prefer having avatars of Pokemon in their normal form/color:).
I have some more ideas posted below, Nick, if you'd like a look \l/. Here's some more ideas I came up with recently for new starters:

Grass
Cubberry - Pronounced: "Kub" "Berry" (Bear Cub + Berry)
Bear Cub PKMN
Type: Grass
Height: 2'04" Weight: 31 lbs
Evolves at LV: 18
\/
into...
\/
Hibervine Pronounced: "Hi" "Burr" "Vine" (Hibernate + Vine)
Hibernate PKMN
Type: Grass
Height: 3'11" Weight: 78 lbs
Evolves at LV: 36
\/
into...
\/
Grizzleaf Pronounced: "Griz" "Leef" (Grizzly Bear + Leaf)
Grizzly Bear PKMN
Type: Grass/Dark
Height: 6'05" Weight: 346lbs
Description: A large Grizzly Pokemon that has strange leaf-like shields growing from its back and forearms. It also appears to be wearing a helmet, and can clear cut a forrest with its razor claws.
Stats: Highest = Attack, Lowest = Speed
Signature Move: Tree Snapper

Fire
Embunny Pronounced: "Em" "Bunn" "Eee" (Ember + Bunny)
Small Rabbit PKMN
Type: Fire
Height: 1'08" Weight: 25 lbs
Evolves at LV: 16
\/
into...
\/
Thumperupt Pronounced: "Thum" "Purr" "Rupt" (Thump + Erupt)
Volcano Hare PKMN
Type: Fire
Height: 3'03" Weight: 46lbs
Evolves at LV: 32
\/
into...
\/
Rabbignite Pronounced: "Rab" "Ig" "Nite" (Rabbit + Ignite)
Giant Rabbit PKMN
Type: Fire/Psychic *first Fire/Psychic type ever*
Height: 4'07" Weight: 80lbs
Description: A firey rabbit Pokemon that's ears are engulfed in flames. It's powerful hindlegs are extremely Powerful, and can deliver blows as hard as when a horse bucks. Along with it's tremendous kicks and fire attacks, it has psychic powers to fool enemies with.
Stats: Highest = Speed, Lowest = Defense/Sp. Attk
Signature Move: Blaze Kick

Water*You'll like this idea Nick:p
Squidrip Pronounced: "Skwi" "Drip" (Squid + Drip)
Sea Squid PKMN
Type: Water
Height: 2'00" Weight: 12lbs
Evolves at LV: 16
\/
into...
\/
Squidive Pronounced: "Skwi" "Dive" (Squid + Dive)
Squid PKMN
Type: Water
Height: 3'07" Weight: 26lbs
Evolves at LV: 36
\/
into...
\/
Squidrown Pronounced: "Skwi" "Drown" (Squid + Drown)
Electric Tentacle PKMN
Type: Water/Electric
Height: 5'11" Weight: 113lbs
Description: An enormous electrical squid Pokemon from the deep seas. It can wrap prey within its 9 powerful tentacles and zap them with electrical impulses corsing through Squidrown's body.
Stats: Highest = Sp. Attk, Lowest = Attack
Signature Move: Hydro Pump

By the way, for those of you still wondering if I'm still putting Pics/drawings of my ideas on this thread or not, don't worry, I'm still trying to do that! When I get them on my computer somehow, I'll definitly post them:thumbsup:!

Last edited:
iPulsate said:
Nice idea =D

Thanks iPulsate!
Feel free to make up your own ideas and post them here too:).

I'll be sure to post more ideas in the future...I'm not done yet:p!
---------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone was/still is woundering what Churroot would look like, here's a look I came up with which I think looks rather good for a Grass Starter.

*Note that the image is done in the Paint program on my computer, so it may not look the greatest beacuse of some of the sloppy looking lines...but I'll have a drawn pic of him and other ideas on a later post*

If the image just shows a small red "X", then I musnt've inserted the image right:(. Sorry!
I'll be working extra hard now to get my drawings from paper to computer:p!

Last edited:
Jeff25 said:
If I were in charge on creating a 5th Generation of new Starter Pokemon, I would suggest they have a Kangaroo Pokemon, a Snake Pokemon, and a Piranha Pokemon.

The Grass Starter: Leafaroo Pronounced "leaf" "ah" "roo"
Leafaroo could be the 5th Grass starter, and could evolve into Kangrass who could be part Grass/Fighting type (like Breloom). It's last form could be Treesupial ("Marsupial" but with "Tree" in the beginning). For those of you who don't know what Marsupials are, they're animals who carry their young in a pouch (Like Kangaskhan), except with Treesupial, it could carry a small plant or shrub in it's pouch, and have boxing gloves on it's hands. It could also bounce off with it's tail and use Hi Jump Kick or another Fighting type kicking move.

Water Starter: Waveranha Pronounced "wave" "ron" "ah"
Waveranha would be the Water starter who's a small piranha fish (like Carvanha). He could evolve into a small shark-like Pokemon called Piranice (combination of the words, "piranha" and "ice"), who could be part Water/Ice. The final form could be a giant Shark Pokemon who's also part Ice type, and would be able to learn powerful Ice moves like Blizzard, along with Water moves like Hydro Pump. It's name would be Shivshark, a combo of "shiver" & "shark".

Fire Starter: Hisskorch Pronounced "hiss" "scorch"
Hisskorch could be a small, firey snake-like Pokemon who looks similar to Ekans. Instead of being a Poison type like many snake Pokemon, Hisskorch would be a Fire type. It would evolve into Hisshot(the words "hiss" & hot" combined), who could gain the Ground type to make it a Fire/Ground type starter, and could learn moves like Dig, and Flame Wheel. It's last stage could be Cobroil (combination of the words "Cobra" and "Boil"). Cobroil would also be part Ground, and would look similar to Arbok except for the Poison type. He could have a flat neck area like Arbok, and on it he could have a giant flame emblem or another firey symbol on it.

To go back for a moment and talk about my first three ideas for new starters, well I have actual drawings of them on my computer now (from paper to computer), but unfortunately, I cannot post them for some reason on this or anyother thread :(.
For the simple reason that my pictures of them don't have a "URL", and apparently only photos that come from actual websites have these, but since mine come from files and not from a webpage, I cannot post them.
I apologize for those of you who were hoping to catch a glimps of what these starters would look like. I will not give up trying to post them however! I will let you know when I can post them, if I can.

Last edited:
Jeff25 said:
To go back for a moment and talk about my first three ideas for new starters, well I have actual drawings of them on my computer now (from paper to computer), but unfortunately, I cannot post them for some reason on this or anyother thread :(.
For the simple reason that my pictures of them don't have a "URL", and apparently only photos that come from actual websites have these, but since mine come from files and not from a webpage, I cannot post them.
I apologize for those of you who were hoping to catch a glimps of what these starters would look like. I will not give up trying to post them however! I will let you know when I can post them, if I can.
hey, save that pic on your comp, go to photobucket, host it, then copy the IMG code, then put these
tags around it, ok?

PokeChamp said:
hey, save that pic on your comp, go to photobucket, host it, then copy the IMG code, then put these
tags around it, ok?

I'd do that, but I dont think I have Photo Bucket...but I'll keep trying though:thumbsup:, like I said before:p.

OH MY GOD, THIS IS MT 100TH POST :yikes:! COOL:p!

Jeff25 said:
Yeah I kinda figured someone would pick that out sooner or later. That's just how the name looks, but if you were to say it, it'd sound like "Hiss" (like a snake's hiss), and "Hot" (like something's hot temperature wise). It's not "his" "shot":p.

That's really the only good Fire-like name I could come up with for a Snake Pokemon Fire Type. The other names I came up with didn't really sound too good:sick:.

what about hissiel as in "hiss" your thing and "reptiel"

Jeff25 said:
I'd do that, but I dont think I have Photo Bucket...but I'll keep trying though:thumbsup:, like I said before:p.

OH MY GOD, THIS IS MT 100TH POST :yikes:! COOL:p!
its easy to make an account.
nice, look at my post count XD

Here's my ideas... (I drew pictures of these guys a while ago but I can't find them)

GRASS
Name:Rootsa(Play on the word "Root")
Root Pokemon
Type:Grass
Pokedex Data: Often mistaken for a simple flower, Rootsa travel in swarms and only open the petals on their head when they are near sunlight.
Height:06" Weight: 2 lbs.
Evolves at: lvl. 16

Evoles into...

Name:Vintsa(Play on the word "Vine")
Vine Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Vintsa's Razor-sharp claws are actually made of rock-hard leaves. Vintsa chase after their prey with their 3 root-like legs and crack them open with their claws.
Height:3' 02" Weight: 25 lbs.
Evolves at: lvl. 34

Evolves into...

Name:Rootox(Play on the word "Root" and "Toxic")
Strangle Root Pokemon
Type:Grass/Psychic
Pokedex Data: Now that its 3 legs have fused into one, Rootox cannot move well and relies on its Psychic powers to bring its prey to it.
Height:6" 10" Weight: 208 lbs.

FIRE
Name:Furrex(Play on the word "Fur")
Bunny Pokemon
Type:Fire
Pokedex Data: While in forests, Furrex turn off their firey tail and ears so as not to cause massive forest fires.
Height:1' Weight: 10 lbs.
Evolves at: lvl. 17

Evolves into...

Name:Furriflame(Play on the words "Fur" and "Flame")
Dark Jackrabbit Pokemon
Type:Fire/Dark
Pokedex Data: Furriflame travel alone, and, as they are quick to fight, will often stomp on anything that moves with their massive feet.
Height:4' 02" Weight: 65 lbs.

Evolves into...

Name:Firexhari(Play on the words "Fire" and "Hare")
Inferno Hare Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Although they appear extremely fierce, Firexhari often help other animals in need by breaking the traps that hold them. In battle, they, use their fully developed, diamond-hard feet to drain the life from foes.
Height:5' 8" Weight: 137 lbs.

WATER
Name:Bublin(Play on the word "Bubble")
Guppy Pokemon
Type:Water
Pokedex Data: Bublin are extremely light, and when they flap their fins hard enough, they can stay suspend in the air for minutes at a time.
Height:10" Weight: .5 lbs.

Evolves into...

Name:Bubludraft(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Updraft")
Flying Fish Pokemon
Type:Water/Flying
Pokedex Data: Bubludraft store water in the sack on their lure and then take to the sky to spray their prey with WATER-type moves.
Height:3' 10" Weight: 20 lbs.
Evolves at: lvl. 32

Evolves into...

Name:Bubblord(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Lord")
Water Gyro Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Bubblord's unique ability to conduct water from anywhere works as a weapon when it conjures water while it is flying. Then, it spins its lure and tail in tandem to create giant whirlpools that can stretch up to a mile in legnth.
Height:7' 08"(When Tail is fully extended) Weight: 95 lbs.

What do you think?

MazenXD said:
what about hissiel as in "hiss" your thing and "reptiel"

Well, I wouldn't go with that name...but that's me.

What I try and to when I make up a name for a Pokemon, first I come up with its type(s). Second, I come up with an animal that hasn't already been turned into a Pokemon, but I think pretty much every animal is covered atleast once, so sometimes I just reuse an animal, like my Hisskorch idea which is a Snake Pokemon. Third, I think up some good element related words like "scorch" which is a fire related word, and some animal names/sounds like "hiss" for a snake Pokemon. Finally I try and combine different names/words together to create a good name, like "Hiss" and "Scorch" = Hisskorch:p.

If you look at the names of the other starters you'll see some word combos too:

Bulbasaur = "Bulb" (bulb as in a seed) + "Dinosaur"
Torchic = "Torch" + "Chick"
Squirtle = "Squirt" + "Turtle"
Cyndaquil = "Cinder" (like ashes) + "Quil" (like quils/needles on a porcupine)
Chimchar = "Chimp" + "Charcoal"
Treecko = "Tree" + "Gecko" (type of lizard)
Turtwig = "Turtle" + "Twig"

I know one word for each of the following Pokemon names, but I'm not sure of the other combined word:

Charmander = "Charcoal" + ??? (unsure)
Totodile = ??? (unsure) + "Corcodile"
Mudkip = "Mud" + ??? (unsure, maybe some type of fish)
Chikorita = (unsure of combined words)
Piplup = (unsure of combined words)

I think the way I do it would be the easiest way to make up a good name.
For example if you wanted to create a new Water starter, say a Duck pokemon (similar to Psyduck), you should list out Water related words, like Aqua for example, and a word related to Ducks, such as Quack.
Then just try combining those words to come up with Aquack:p, or Quakqua:p.

*Actually Quakqua was a water starter I had made earlier, I just used it as an example to show you how easy it is to make a name up:thumbsup:!

GigaRidley said:
Here's my ideas... (I drew pictures of these guys a while ago but I can't find them)

GRASS
Name:Rootsa(Play on the word "Root")
Root Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Often mistaken for a simple flower, Rootsa travel in swarms and only open the petals on their head when they are near sunlight.
Height:06" Weight: 2 lbs.
Evolves at: lvl. 16

Evoles into...

Name:Vintsa(Play on the word "Vine")
Vine Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Vintsa's Razor-sharp claws are actually made of rock-hard leaves. Vintsa chase after their prey with their 3 root-like legs and crack them open with their claws.
Height:3' 02" Weight: 25 lbs.

Evolves into...

Name:Rootox(Play on the word "Root" and "Toxic")
Strangle Root Pokemon
Type:Grass/Psychic
Pokedex Data: Now that its 3 legs have fused into one, Rootox cannot move well and relies on its Psychic powers to bring its prey to it.
Height:6" 10" Weight: 208 lbs.

FIRE
Name:Furrex(Play on the word "Fur")
Bunny Pokemon
Type:Fire
Pokedex Data: While in forests, Furrex turn off their firey tail and ears so as not to cause massive forest fires.
Height:1' Weight: 10 lbs.

Evolves into...

Name:Furriflame(Play on the words "Fur" and "Flame")
Dark Jackrabbit Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Furriflame travel alone, and, as they are quick to fight, will often stomp on anything that moves with their massive feet.
Height:4' 02" Weight: 65 lbs.

Evolves into...

Name:Firexhari(Play on the words "Fire" and "Hare")
Inferno Hare Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Although they appear extremely fierce, Firexhari often help other animals in need by breaking the traps that hold them. In battle, they, use their fully developed, diamond-hard feet to drain the life from foes.
Height:5' 8" Weight: 137 lbs.

WATER
Name:Bublin(Play on the word "Bubble")
Guppy Pokemon
Type:Water
Pokedex Data: Bublin are extremely light, and when they flap their fins hard enough, they can stay suspend in the air for minutes at a time.
Height:10" Weight: .5 lbs.

Evolves into...

Name:Bubludraft(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Updraft")
Flying Fish Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Bubludraft store water in the sack on their lure and then take to the sky to spray their prey with WATER-type moves.
Height:3' 10" Weight: 20 lbs.
Evolves at: lvl. 32

Evolves into...

Name:Bubblord(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Lord")
Water Gyro Pokemon
Pokedex Data: Bubblord's unique ability to conduct water from anywhere works as a weapon when it conjures water while it is flying. Then, it spins its lure and tail in tandem to create giant whirlpools that can stretch up to a mile in legnth.
Height:7' 08"(When Tail is fully extended) Weight: 95 lbs.

What do you think?

Nice ideas GigaRidley, but about your Rootox, let me just suggest that instead of Psychic, it could be part Poison, since part of its name is "Toxic"?

That's just my suggestion though! You should definitly try and get your Pictures on this thread! I'd love to see what they'd look like:), and Im sure others would like that too!

Here's another Grass idea I came up with the other day:

Grass
Webud (Web + Bud)
Small Spider Pokemon
Type: Grass/Bug
Height: 1'02" Weight: 7lbs
Dex Info: Webud spin toxic webs between plant leaves to catch unwary prey such as Beautifly & Butterfree.
Evolves at LV: 14
\/
into...
\/
Quadroot (Quad + Root)
Forest Widow Pokemon
Height: 2'11" Weight: 34lbs
Dex Info: Since evolution took place, Quadroot has lost it's ability to spin webs. Instead, it now strangles foes with it's four powerful root-like spider legs.
Evolves at LV: 30
\/
into...
\/
Araknature (Arachnid + Nature)
Giga Spider Pokemon
Height: 4'03" Weight: 98lbs
Dex Info: Being the most intimidating insect in the forest, Araknature can do anything it feels like doing without disturbance. It can quickly scurry around on the forest floor and atop trees.
Signature Move: Forest Fury

Last edited:
Hey everyone Im back! Hey Jeff,your right about me liking your Squid Pokemon idea.....and cool Grass Spider idea!.....and have you givin any thought into Pokemon Sigs? Try Pokemon Card Pics,their pretty cool!.......have you tryed that link I gave you earlier?

Your making are water pokemon look bad ive started with water since pokemon Blue! and why would we want a fish starter the peguin is soundin better lol

Back