Or how about a damsel in distress,
and an uncommon hero?
Or magic ball
that could unleash beasts of many kind
to be used as a weapon in battle?
Or what if, just what if,
you could combine them all!
Your all time favorite characters,
from your favorite games into ONE great adventure?
Could you just imagine the characters-
from games you grew up with
fighting together to destroy evil?
Battling through tough challenges,
and a story that molds them all together
to make the game we always dreamed of as a child.
What if, just imagine,
If our favorite characters battled against each other
to create a great big riot.... or a Brawl?!?!

Worlds collide to create stages and obstacles from worlds afar...

It's come true.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is here and not with a knock on the door but with a great big battery ram busting in. Day One: So I turn on the game and naturally scroll through the many menus in awe at all the options. I mean options I could only dream of, but options I had lost hope for. But they WERE THERE! A stage builder, a music manager, widescreen support, and customizable controls for 4 controller types! I was amazed. The game is basically fully cusomizable and the new My Music option is far by my favorite. In My Music you'll find tons of songs for selected stages. I mean every new stage has at least 4 songs by default. Eventually you'll unlock more songs and have a higher variety to play with. Works like a charm. There's a new stage builder for us wannabe developers and a... let's just say I have over 60 hours of playtime in this game and still haven't discovered everything.

Then finally: The Brawl. OH BOY!! When I got to Brawl with 4 characters, I chose random for stage selection and I was not disappointed. The new stages were beautiful and the background details in stages like Halberd, Lylat Cruise and the new Final Destination far exceeded those in Melee. Once you unlock new stages you'll discover some that take fun to a whole 'nother level.

If you loved the madness in Melee, then Brawl will make you go mad! The new items are so well thought out for fun. One noticible new item is the Smart Bomb. It's like a mini atomic bomb on screen that expands with great force exploding anything in its range even up to all 4 players. Assist trophy AI knocked me out, literally. I was amazed about how accurate these guys were, they got your back they'll do anything to defeat your oponents. Assist trophies, Pokemon, several items and special smashes will drive you nuts! I want to talk about the hammers and more items but I can't. Otherwise this review will be 10 pages long.

By far the biggest highlight in the game has to be the new adventure mode. It's not the watered down mini game Melee had. It's more like a huge trilogy of many worlds in one great adventure. I mean the adventure mode alone is literally longer than a lot of Wii games. So far I have about %45 done and all characters fit in perfectly with the story. From pikachu and Samus, to Diddy kong and Fox it doesn't seemed forced at all. You'll find yourself at the edge of your seat on cut scenes and you'll soon forget these characters are from so many different games. They just "fit" together perfectly. If you haven't tried The Subspace Emissary, then boy are you in for a treat. Besides the already established characters and baddies the game introduces new all original "bad guys" like Primid and the many mini Mites. These new faces are created with such great design you'll wonder how Nintendo found the time to create such great new enemies. I haven't seen baddies this good since... since... I just haven't seen em'. I suggest Co-op mode, the interaction and gameplay between two players is smooth and adds A LOT more fun. I would have paid $50 alone for the Subspace Emissary game if it were sold seperately, but it's not, that's the beauty of it.

The greatest music since Ocarina of Time. Heck, music FROM Ocarina of Time, tons of stages from the greatest games, the greatest game characters in the world and unlimited replay value. Brawl takes everything you ever Loved about video games into ONE little disk.
As a child I remember day dreaming of the perfect video game. I'd imagine, I'd wish but I never truly beleived it would come. I had lost hope. Then came March 9th. This leads me to beleive that a child wished upon a star... Maybe it was me... Maybe it was YOU... But the one thing that matters is that BRAWL is finally here....

Last edited:
Damascus said:
How long did it take you to make this... unless you stole it :shifty:

I wanted to finish it on March 9th, but I was having too much damn fun with Brawl. So instead I wrote it bit by bit. And promised myself I'd finish it by Brawls first week anniversary.
I wrote it to let others know our love for this game. I honestly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have it yet. I was hoping this will give a general idea to those who haven't been able to find it yet.

Last edited:
Caliko said:
I wanted to finish it by March 9th, but I was having too much damn fun with Brawl. So instead I wrote it bit by bit. And promised myself I'd finish it by Brawls first week anniversary.
I wrote it to let others know our love for this game. I honestly feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have it yet. I was hoping this will give a general idea to those who haven't been able to find it yet.
Heh, don't worry... I was inactive on the forums for quite a while because of brawl. :lol:

Damascus said:
Heh, don't worry... I was inactive on the forums for quite a while because of brawl. :lol:

:lol: LOL!! I'm with you man!! This is my first time on the forums since Brawl!
It's funny though because Brawl changed my whole way of thinking. I turned into a Nintendo fan who's willing to save up for a 360. Now I'm just sticking to anything Nintendo. After this game, I beleive Nintendo will always have that spark they did with the first Mario Bros. And that one spark is priceless.

By the way, has anyone had friends over for 4 player Brawls?? It's a BLAST!!!!

After reading this, im sure that you hope that there will be new SSB's to come. That is the main thing I am hoping for. Each time there will not only be all of the last games awesome features, but many more added on to that, more trophies, stages, characters, items, music, game modes. If they keep making SSB's, then it will be a dream come true to me lol. Although some are saying this is the last one. I mean, on the case it says 'The Brawl to end them ALL' which kind of suggest something...I just hope they dont stop here.

Dirtmuncher111 said:
After reading this, im sure that you hope that there will be new SSB's to come. That is the main thing I am hoping for. Each time there will not only be all of the last games awesome features, but many more added on to that, more trophies, stages, characters, items, music, game modes. If they keep making SSB's, then it will be a dream come true to me lol. Although some are saying this is the last one. I mean, on the case it says 'The Brawl to end them ALL' which kind of suggest something...I just hope they dont stop here.

Y'know I've been thinking for a while. I think with it's success sales wise and increase of popularity and gameplay every time a new Smash appears. I'm thinking this should be Nintendo's biggest, most focused on highest budget franchise.
What I'm thinking is this. The developers for Smash Bros. should take a 6 month break and began working on concepts and ideas for the next smash. Just like Nintendo started working on the Wii shortly after the Cube was released. This would insure a super high quality title, with more time and focus than Brawl had and they still might be able to release it on Wii2 launch day.

Gir100193 said:
im not readin all that

_THen why take up space, and post here? WHat a waste.
Well anyway, lol you guys aint alone in the topic of "I haven't been on due to brawl" lol your just one out of the millions.

KTIGZ said:
_THen why take up space, and post here? WHat a waste.
Well anyway, lol you guys aint alone in the topic of "I haven't been on due to brawl" lol your just one out of the millions.

I was glued to the screen after my first play through Brawl. I forgot to mention in my review that after just 3 days I had over 40 hours of play time on it:lol:

Whoops there was a part of the review I forgot to finish. I had forgot to mention the Mites. There fixed it.

On a different note. If Brawl surpasses Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Games and Zelda sales-wise. Then Nintendo should get the hint of who's running the game Today.
I could imagine the Wii2 will have HD, better graphics and more storage. If they start working on the next Smash Bros. in a couple of months. It would kick Ass!!!

Back