SSBB Settings Thread

SSBBdude

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2008
The places you fear to tread
Wii Online Code
0323-3188-4336-4758
From some of the other SSBB threads, people have argued over things such as if or if not they're going to use items in brawl, if they'll be doing stock or time, if they'll do 1v1 or 1v1v1v1, what characters they'll main, and other things. So I decided to start a thread where you can discuss what settings you'll have on or of in brawl. Feel free to ask questions and PLEASE stay on topic.

My settings will be : Items on, 1v1v1v1, random stages, and I'll probably random my character most of the time.

Anyone who doesn't use the full potential of the game [at first] in my opinion, is simply wasting a part of the game. I'll be playing items on, all stages on, all music on, and I plan on playing like that forever.

I'd say my favorite match would be 1v1, but anything is fine.

Ya I pity the people that are going to turn things of as soon as they get the game. They'll be missing out, I cant wait to use the Wi-fi.

But man iz ony fare if u plai no itmes and only final dsenation! Oderwise it lukc!

I enjoy turing off all items and stages but final destination and then doing a 1v1. Its more fun that way:lol:. But when alot of friends are over i like to do all items and stuff.

Oh, wow. The irony of that post, as well as its timing [in comparison to the post above it], is ridiculously high.

Lol the stages seem to be a little more tourney friendly. For instance smashville battlefield and the bridge of eldin are stages that don't effect the battle much.

I wouldn't say the stages and items on make it luck, you just need to build a strategy around it being on. For instance, learn the best ways to get the smash ball, find out how to use the weird things that happen on stages to your advantage.

Items-High
1v1 (four, i loose track of my brawler)
Random Stage

*clicks random character*
Mr G&W!

...****.

(I suck with G&W)

Lol for fun I'm going to do all items off except smashball and set items to high. I'll see if two FS can collide or even be used at the same time.

I always love to play with everything on. I also love to play with four players, every man for himself. IMO, it makes it more challenging.

Items will never be used in big tourneys (well maybe special ones, but not in real competitive ones) simply because it's based on luck and less skill. Like say someone was at 50% and the other at 150%. A hammer pops up and the 150% picks it up and wins a match. The 50% guy had no chance. With no items, it will be purely based on skill.

But don't get me wrong, i'm not against items. They're fun to play with but in competitive gaming, the toys should be put away. Like in counter strike clan match, would you like it if you were about to get a headshot on someone but he suddenly transformed into a tank and was able to blow everyone to smithereens? (much like the landmaster) Ignore the exaggerations but I just wanted to illustrate my point.

I will be definitely using items when playing with friends but I will not be using them when practicing for tourneys.

items are good fun but it makes the game way 2 easy im what you call a chuck wagon=D ... i got used to fighting without them but now and again ill play with maybe just a few beam's and a home run bat other wise i dont use hammers or anything they are just silly

I couldn't see myself without items, ignoring the fact that I could be 1 hit K.O. ing people or making a miracle comeback is just painful for me, so I have them turned on. Luckily I found a list of upcoming tourneys that allow items and 1v1v1v1 brawls. Ill post it here when gamestop puts it online.

I'll be trying out all the features to use up all of the games potential. However, after testing everything out for a while I will mainly use:

Stock - 5
Stages - All
Items - All
Team - 2 HMN vs. 2 CP (5 - 9)

Back