What balance issues will arise from SSBB?

GigaRidley said:
Thanks for telling me, but how do you attack with nana then? (I'm not a big IC player)
while you have popo grabbing the character your nana is free to move. to illustrate this get out your cube and grab a training character with popo. then press the jump button. nana will jump without popo. to do the wobble you gotta perfectly space out two attacks. the normal grab-hit with popo and nana's forward or down tilt...but if you tilt too far you'll induce a throw from popo and if you dont time the hits right the character can escape

Prez said:
Well most tourneys I've attended have banned it. I've been to maybe 2 or 3 that do not, but they were not as big. And my mistake with the percentages. Wasn't really sure on that.
no worries man i'm no pro. i've never actually been to a tourney. i only started playing alot about a year ago so i'm pretty noob. i've just seen alot of videos on youtube. who do you main?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mained Marth for the longest time. But actually just before I even started going to tournaments I switched to Peach. And it's been working well so far. Just sad there won't be many more regular Melee tourneys now.

Prez said:
I mained Marth for the longest time. But actually just before I even started going to tournaments I switched to Peach. And it's been working well so far. Just sad there won't be many more regular Melee tourneys now.
ya that sucks man i would have liked to hit up my first one before brawl comes out to see where i stand. hey your thing says your from really close to me lol question. HOW did you find a wii lol i've been looking forever and they're sold out everywhere

spiff-ssbb said:
ya that sucks man i would have liked to hit up my first one before brawl comes out to see where i stand. hey your thing says your from really close to me lol question. HOW did you find a wii lol i've been looking forever and they're sold out everywhere
Connections :yesnod:
Got it before release, actually.
And did you just say you were close to me? PM me if you want and I might be able to recommend some places in the area.

Prez said:
Connections :yesnod:
Got it before release, actually.
And did you just say you were close to me? PM me if you want and I might be able to recommend some places in the area.
doing so as we speak lol...but if you dont get something by say...tomorrow check this thread again cuz i may not have figured out how to pm haha

spiff-ssbb said:
while you have popo grabbing the character your nana is free to move. to illustrate this get out your cube and grab a training character with popo. then press the jump button. nana will jump without popo. to do the wobble you gotta perfectly space out two attacks. the normal grab-hit with popo and nana's forward or down tilt...but if you tilt too far you'll induce a throw from popo and if you dont time the hits right the character can escape

no worries man i'm no pro. i've never actually been to a tourney. i only started playing alot about a year ago so i'm pretty noob. i've just seen alot of videos on youtube. who do you main?
Thanks a lot. I'm not a pro either, I've never been to a tournament (I really want to though) but I have seen a lot of vids on youtube. I main link (which is fairly rare).
Link's awesome and it seems to me he's gonna get even better in brawl

P.S: Prez, Marth is awesome! especially against slow characters. I am really bad as peach though...

GigaRidley said:
Thanks a lot. I'm not a pro either, I've never been to a tournament (I really want to though) but I have seen a lot of vids on youtube. I main link (which is fairly rare).
Link's awesome and it seems to me he's gonna get even better in brawl

P.S: Prez, Marth is awesome! especially against slow characters. I am really bad as peach though...
aaaah good old link,....i hate fighting him haha my biggest flaw is i dont really have an actuall main... i play with fox, captain falcon, shiek, jigglypuff, pichu, and young link...mainly the first 4...so i dont have a specific "own' character lol oh and peach is awesome. i used to use her in my super noob days lol turnips have crazy knock back for an item

I did like Marth, but I wouldn't trade my Peach for anything. Only problem I have against Marths are when I'm facing someone who knows how to space well. When i'm on that ledge against a Marth that is spacing well, it usually doesn't end well. Otherwise, dsmash, dsmash, dsmash.. lol

Prez said:
I did like Marth, but I wouldn't trade my Peach for anything. Only problem I have against Marths are when I'm facing someone who knows how to space well. When i'm on that ledge against a Marth that is spacing well, it usually doesn't end well. Otherwise, dsmash, dsmash, dsmash.. lol
yeesssss man peach's dsmash is wicked lol used to desych my IC all the time...i got owned lol

Major SSB discussion and you guys left me out of it?!...

I main Sheik as it stands right now. Out of curiosity, why did you switch from Marth to Peach, Prez? That's pretty major.

ssbb_lover said:
Major SSB discussion and you guys left me out of it?!...

I main Sheik as it stands right now. Out of curiosity, why did you switch from Marth to Peach, Prez? That's pretty major.
YES! sheik is the best! i just have dificulty short hopping with her...so different from captain F. and do you do tourneys and stuff?

spiff-ssbb said:
aaaah good old link,....i hate fighting him haha my biggest flaw is i dont really have an actuall main... i play with fox, captain falcon, shiek, jigglypuff, pichu, and young link...mainly the first 4...so i dont have a specific "own' character lol oh and peach is awesome. i used to use her in my super noob days lol turnips have crazy knock back for an item

same here, I find it hard to choose a main. Mostly I use Marth (too awesome), but I like variety...I also use IC, Yoshi, young link, Game and Watch, Falco, Samus, Pikachu, Ness, Roy and Zelda (yes, Zelda...not sheik). I've tried Pichu and Mewtwo, but against tough opponents it's too much for me.

spiff-ssbb said:
YES! sheik is the best! i just have dificulty short hopping with her...so different from captain F. and do you do tourneys and stuff?
Haha, no. I'm not that good yet. I've taken about 2 months off now, I really should get back. And yeah, short hopping is definitely a difficult task with Sheik. The woman just wants to jump high. :)

anax4aero said:
same here, I find it hard to choose a main. Mostly I use Marth (too awesome), but I like variety...I also use IC, Yoshi, young link, Game and Watch, Falco, Samus, Pikachu, Ness, Roy and Zelda (yes, Zelda...not sheik). I've tried Pichu and Mewtwo, but against tough opponents it's too much for me.
oh ya game and watch! i use him to. best arials ever. and ya i love pichu man. he...she...whatever it is lol would own so much if it wasnt SO easy to kill...and my DI isnt that good so i kinda stay away unless i'm playing super beginners lol and i hate fighting falcos lol stun shots get really annoying when the opponent can short hop well

From what I've read, Metaknight is a little broken. I can see how he is too cause he's actually pretty swift, and his special moves are great for 4-player matches.

Back