A "Pointless" Thread to end Pointless Posts

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
Ok i've seen enough of things like "pointless thread" or "why would you post this?". First off if you have a problem with the thread contact a mod so they can delete it, because their are a lot of threads that are redundant. (it is annoying when you post about a certain game and someone posts a thread about the same thing a few hours later.) (MONSTER HUNTER 3)
However if it is because you don't agree with the topic or you think it's redundant but it isn't it, you shouldn't post something like pointless thread. If the thread has been posted already then you should let them no what they did but you had better read carefully. If you post because you thought the thread was irrelevant and you were wrong, then it is your post that has become irrelevant. Otherwise you look like a jackass.
My biggest pet peeve is when someone posts the same thing i did a few hours later without looking at my thread, i get it, but to diss someones thread because you don't agree is just bumping the thread and hurting your cause.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for complaining i just think it's dumb that people think one little thing is gonna waste wiichat's space (especially if they post in it which is also "filling up our servers", to contradict thier own arguement.) , i hate when people have to put down other ideas or unknowingly say something without reading. it's just not smart. it might sound a little borderline when we're talking about asking someone to stop posting in a thread that has the same topic elsewhere, but it's not putting anyone down, and you have a good reason in trying to not split the discussion. I hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say.

Last edited:
Just to clarify something, those members who do decide to post messages such as pointless thread, in before the lock, I beat the lock, use the search button noob, are considered to be breaking the forum rules by spamming and or trolling.

In most cases those who post repeat threads are told where they can find a thread similar to what suits their interest from various helpful forum members. As for those who post a message similar to the ones listed above will most likely have their post deleted.

ok but how about the ssbbt tournament, they single handedly took it out, and the guy that used that smart alleck comment about the relevance of the wiifit board? it just drives me crazy. thanks for the responses though.
Edit i suppose i'm not gonna change anything by posting this but it was worth a shot. it's funny how people arent posting things now.

Last edited:
Hmm. I didnt know that that kinda of thing went on around here. Though, I am not partial to disrespect, myself. But, I understand what you mean, and you are right. Its fair when that happens and your thread gets disregarded.

In most cases repeat threads are usually either closed and or deleted. As for the tournament thread it most likely got deleted due to a rescheduled release date. However, once the release date is determined I'm sure it would be fine to make another tourny thread.

Last edited:
ok well thanks for the replys again. oh Syntax i sent you a pm about it, just throw it away you already answered it.

Back