a question about the ps3

briers07

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2007
hey all
I was just wondering if there is a certain requirement that your t.v must have to play the ps3?
I know that HD is recommended to get the full experience but I only have that downstairs in my living room. It's not a MUST to have a HD t.v is it?
thanks for your help

I recommend going to a game store and asking an employee. They can also show you visually what you need. I get a lot of info from Electronics Boutique, now Gamestop... You evil SOBs! You killed a great chain by gobbling them up.

briers07 said:
hey all
I was just wondering if there is a certain requirement that your t.v must have to play the ps3?
I know that HD is recommended to get the full experience but I only have that downstairs in my living room. It's not a MUST to have a HD t.v is it?
thanks for your help

You may need a TV that supports 60hz mode. Any TV bought after the year 2000 is fine really.

obviously an HDTV is reccomended over an older one because of the PS3s graphics but i play my 360 on a non-HD t.v. and it looks fine.

briers07 said:
hey all
thanks for your help

You must remember that the PS3 is far more reliant on an HDTV than the Wii, so although you don't exactly "need" one it would still be a wise investment for optimal enjoyment.

Back