Sell me the PS3

ally_uk

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Hey guys life long Nintendo fan here :wink:

That doesn't mean i'm a fanboy and i'm not here to cause trouble I would just like some pointers on the PS3 , Currently I own a Wii without a HD tv

I am interested in making the jump and purchasing a PS3 to go alongside the Wii,

I am mainly interested in the titles GTA4, FF13, Resi Evil 5

Although FF13 won't be hitting the 360 am I right to go the PS3 route

Nintendo wii is a fantastic console btw I highly recommend it but I crave some hardcore action help me decide guys it's tearing my hair out budget isn't the greatest and I can't yet afford a hd tv,

Grahpics still look good on standard tv.I LOVE MY PS3 got one for christmas amazing.Free online,blue-ray player.And there are alot of good titles coming out for it other then the ones you listed.sooooOooo I would recomend it.And with the new $399 one its cheaper then getting the ps3 with the HD player.And you dont have to play $50 a year.And like i always say the 360 is a goo console but I think the ps3 will be better in the long run.
And if you have anymore questions just post here and i will try to answer.:cool:

Last edited:
What games present and future do you recommend I am tempted with a 360 because of Ninja Gaiden 2

wii maniac: he said he doesnt have an HDTV so blu-ray is not a selling point for him im sure since they will look like a normal DVD except cost twice as much. i highly recomend you get an HDTV to watch blu-ray movies though because the picture is simply amazing.

anyways, i own a 360 and a PS3 and i play my 360 more but i recomend the PS3 to you. the reason i play 360 more is because i bought COD4 on it, and i play that game non-stop but it is of course out for both consoles.

PS3 exclusives to help pursuade you to buy PS3:
killzone 2, of course
unreal tournament 3
Haze
FF13
Resistance: FOM
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
God of War 3

and of course theres tons of games for both consoles coming out like RE5 and some others.

this year is PS3's year, xbox is done, they have very few interesting exclusives left, i cant think of a single one im anxious to get my hands on, except maybe halo wars, not an RTS fan but this one looks playable.

i would invest in an HDTV, makes all the difference. now a days you can get a 27 inch LCD HDTV for 300 bucks if you shop around for deals, hell i even saw a 27 inch on sale for 250 during the holiday season! i would have bought it for my room so i dont have to move my PS3 downstairs to the 52" but i didnt have enough money in the bank to justify spending 250 on a tv. lol

Last edited:
so blue-ray on a regular TV is just like regular DVD's huh?
duz that mean that the graphics will be crap too on regular TV's or are they still amazing?

SensesFail said:
wii maniac: he said he doesnt have an HDTV so blu-ray is not a selling point for him im sure since they will look like a normal DVD except cost twice as much. i highly recomend you get an HDTV to watch blu-ray movies though because the picture is simply amazing.

anyways, i own a 360 and a PS3 and i play my 360 more but i recomend the PS3 to you. the reason i play 360 more is because i bought COD4 on it, and i play that game non-stop but it is of course out for both consoles.

PS3 exclusives to help pursuade you to buy PS3:
killzone 2, of course
unreal tournament 3
Haze
FF13
Resistance: FOM
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
God of War 3

and of course theres tons of games for both consoles coming out like RE5 and some others.

this year is PS3's year, xbox is done, they have very few interesting exclusives left, i cant think of a single one im anxious to get my hands on, except maybe halo wars, not an RTS fan but this one looks playable.

i would invest in an HDTV, makes all the difference. now a days you can get a 27 inch LCD HDTV for 300 bucks if you shop around for deals, hell i even saw a 27 inch on sale for 250 during the holiday season! i would have bought it for my room so i dont have to move my PS3 downstairs to the 52" but i didnt have enough money in the bank to justify spending 250 on a tv. lol

Don't forget Warhawk!! I will admit I haven't played it yet, but I'm buying a PS3 soon, and can't freakin wait. It looks amazing!!

And Resistance Fall of Man 2, coming out later this year. There is also Soul Calabur 4 with Vader for the PS3.

No Xbox titles? I can think of 3 I would want off the top of my head. Fable 2, Too Human and Alan Wake. Maybe Splinter Cell Conviction.

Killzone 2 - Looking good, but I think its more of a Run n Gun style of game like Halo, so its not for me. I like tactical shooters (Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon)

Unreal Tournament 3 - This game sucks, even with all its Gears of War like graphics, the game just isnt that great. Single player sucks balls and the online once again is Run n Gun like Halo.

Haze - Again like UT3 and Killzone, I duno how good it will be, it could flop like TimeShift, who knows.

Resistance Fall of Man - Good game, but still not as popular as 360 shooters like Halo and Gears. But again, the online is Run n Gun like Halo/UT3.

Uncharted - Nice game, its like Tomb Raider but with more shooting and has a cover system like Gears/Killswitch. I recommend this game.

Heavenly Sword - Nice game, but waaay to short, shorter than God of War.

God of War 3 - Im anticipating this game will be better than the last two. But since its gonna be only single player im going to until its only $30, which means ill have to wait atleast a year after its release date. Or rent it of course.

I think Rachet and Clank should be on your little list, its better than most those games.

27 Inch HD(720p) for only $250 is crazy. Where is that at...? Thats a little too good to be true. I see 20 inches for $300. I might get one if I find one that cheap.

future PS3 titles that i want are MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5. both look sick.
either console is a good choice, i'm going for PS3 though

Last edited:
And ofcourse the possbility of Star Wars: Battlefront III being mainly featured on the PS3. Since Lucas Arts partnered with Free Radical, (the makers of Haze, and Timesplitters) to work on a secret project. Which is most likely SWBFIII.

zap'em up said:
so blue-ray on a regular TV is just like regular DVD's huh?
duz that mean that the graphics will be crap too on regular TV's or are they still amazing?
no the graphics will still look awesome, but with HD everything will just look a lot better. i thought the graphics were awesome on xbox before i even hooked it up to the HDTV.

with HD movies it's different though. since its real life picture, the picture cant look any more real, but they can improve the resolution. currenly 1080p is the best possible and blu-ray and HD-Dvd are the only formats to do this. DVDs can be upscaled to 480p but thats it. so imagine a movie thats more than twice as good a picture as you regular DVDs on an HDTV.

lots claim the average non-tech nerd cant see the difference but i definately can. it just looks so sharp, and kinda shiny in a way. its hard to explain, you have to experience it for yourself. : )

Sadly I cant agree. I have SDTV and Blu-ray does not look special on it. It looks only slightly (and I do mean slightly) better.

Though a movie in HD using HD-DVD or Blu-ray does look better. But Blu-ray/HD-DVD does not look special on a Standard TV. Yes, I can see a difference, I dont think I fall in the catagory of a non-tech nerd, I see the difference but unless you have a HDTV its not worth paying $25-$30 a movie unless you actually have a HDTV.

T3kNi9e said:
Sadly I cant agree. I have SDTV and Blu-ray does not look special on it. It looks only slightly (and I do mean slightly) better.

Though a movie in HD using HD-DVD or Blu-ray does look better. But Blu-ray/HD-DVD does not look special on a Standard TV. Yes, I can see a difference, I dont think I fall in the catagory of a non-tech nerd, I see the difference but unless you have a HDTV its not worth paying $25-$30 a movie unless you actually have a HDTV.

I saw someone do an actual encoding to datastream analysis [of HDM, i.e., HD-D and BD] and from a pure quantifiable measure, what you're seeing matches up very closely to the data.

*Most* of the additional data and bandwidth is used to drive the additional resolution, however, there's a tiny bit of additional (vs. an average DVD) at SD/720x480 that would make a small improvement in things like color, sequence matching, artifact reduction, etc. (again, even at SD some people with a decent eye would notice a small difference like you described).

(Another interesting side note: some DVD's have substantially better encoding where they max out the storage and datasteam - these discs get almost HDM quality at SD resolutions - and also upscale super nice! A good example is the deluxe 4 disc LOTR's releases).

T3kNi9e said:

your mis-understanding me. im not saying the blu-ray looks better than a dvd on a normal sdtv. its not possible, your t.v. can only display what it can display. in the case of an sdtv i think it goes up to 480p. blu-ray movies look like dvds do.

the tech-nerd thing was meant to say lots of people cant see teh difference (my mother being one of them) between a movie on hd (1080) and a normal tv (up to 480) get what im saying?

Back