AAC Music in games?

D Twizzle

Lovin' The Wii
Aug 16, 2006
Nottingham, England
Wii Online Code
0130-2935-1724-6313
Just wondered if AAC was playable in Excite Truck & Endless Ocean now or is it only mp3?

I would try it for myself but my Wii has gone back for repairs for the fourth time :blush2:

i have no idea but i think the game only supports MP3s.

4 time?! what did u do to the poor thing? lol jk, but what went wrong 4 times?

SensesFail said:
i have no idea but i think the game only supports MP3s.

4 time?! what did u do to the poor thing? lol jk, but what went wrong 4 times?
Well last december I was sent the wrong Wii so I had to send that back so I could get mine shipped to me, the first time I needed it repaired was because of corrupted data, a message came up saying so and wouldn't get past that.

So they repaired that then I got the yellow spots on the screen, common Wii problem I think so I sent that back and they sent me a brand new Wii.

The third time was because it wouldn't play Gamecube games, Wii games yes but Gamecube no. This is a big problem beacause I have about 100. So I sent that back to be repaired and when I got it back someone at Nintendo had trashed it. Red pen all on the front, crack in the side. The on/off, reset buttons no longer work so thats gone back and they've said they'll send me another before christmas.

I have just ordered a Wii fan so hopefully when I get this back it'll be the last one I need, I feel like i'm missing out with todays updates :cryin:

D Twizzle said:
Well last december I was sent the wrong Wii so I had to send that back so I could get mine shipped to me, the first time I needed it repaired was because of corrupted data, a message came up saying so and wouldn't get past that.

So they repaired that then I got the yellow spots on the screen, common Wii problem I think so I sent that back and they sent me a brand new Wii.

The third time was because it wouldn't play Gamecube games, Wii games yes but Gamecube no. This is a big problem beacause I have about 100. So I sent that back to be repaired and when I got it back someone at Nintendo had trashed it. Red pen all on the front, crack in the side. The on/off, reset buttons no longer work so thats gone back and they've said they'll send me another before christmas.

I have just ordered a Wii fan so hopefully when I get this back it'll be the last one I need, I feel like i'm missing out with todays updates :cryin:

Talk about bad luck!

D Twizzle said:
Just wondered if AAC was playable in Excite Truck & Endless Ocean now or is it only mp3?

I would try it for myself but my Wii has gone back for repairs for the fourth time :blush2:

The sound file format change is just in the Photo Channel, it doesn't affect anything outside of that.

Hey,

Skippy is right -- Nintendo stated that the games will not be affected, and will still play Mp3's.... Question, do excite truck, etc give you in-game options to play the mp3s -- or do you have to go about it a different way?

Thanks,

Matt!

KillerQ said:
Hey,

Skippy is right -- Nintendo stated that the games will not be affected, and will still play Mp3's....

Did they explain WHY the change? There's got to be a reason and I can't imagine it's not financial since Nintendo will have had to pay a licensing fee to implement AAC.

Back