Action Replay or Things of the Sort

R4DS does more than play backup games! But anyone that gets one goes into pure piracy, passing up some of the most useful homebrew applications I've ever seen.

I just wish I had myself a DS so I could do it myself. With a Digital Camera, Soon-to-be-in-possesion Archos 504 (Video and Music Player), and a Nintendo DS with R4DS, there pretty much won't be anything I couldn't do.

And then there's backups.
Legal backups (even though there is no such thing as a legal backup, according to Nintendo. But you know what I mean. Owning the original NES/SNES/GB/GBC/DS cartridge (you can't play GBA games on it. But I'll live D: ))

This thread will probably get deleted. Yes you can download games and play them off an R4,yes i have one. However it is illegal to download and play games in which you do not own the original.

Lol i doubt anybody would even bother about making sure that they own the game before going to download it and put it on their R4DS. Yes it is illegal but you would be hard pressed to find somebody who has not played or owned a pirated game that owns a R4DS

I have a couple questions about it. So it can play movies? I'm assuming it can ply mp3's too...? Does it have something like a mini windows media player? How easy is it to use, and downloading games onto. I have downloaded games like chrono trigger and the legend of zelda onto my computer and played them perfectly. But I always made sure to download the games that didn't need any debugging. Does it work just like a virtual counsole, like ndot64 as if you were playing a rom on it? Could I download games from other systems, like castlevania or earthworm jim for sega and play it on the r4?

And really, how easy is it to use, I really have no idea what to do when it comes to getting downloaded roms to work lol. I just download open file, zip it and play.

thanks, much appreciated, Tom

Yes i own a R4DS the new version and it can play ("backup games") music and even lets you watch movies. It basiclly does what the psp does but in a more illegal way. :)

gpoleweski said:
There isn't a new version of the R4, it's just a different colour and the packaging has changed

I read on the net its the new version as you used to get both black and white now u only get 1 colour and its the new version, i may be wrong

Back