Added characters to brawl+

@Shadow: ok, I got your argument now, but in a way it's not really solid enough. Mainly because most Fire Emblem characters have limited animations (usually the normal hit, and the critical hit) when they only use one weapon. Marth, being from the first FE games, probably lacked enough animations to make up a moveset based on him, which is why I believe he was completely improvised, just like Falcon and Fox were, and many others.
Roy, as a clone, was given different movements and the effect of flames to reflect the difference between his sword and Marth's falchion. Since he was from the latest FE at the time, he had more animations for programmers to base his Melee movements on, especially since in his game he actually changed classes and had more attack animations.
I'm 95% sure Marth was programmed in the game first, and Roy included afterwards with similar physics, but with altered appearance for his attacks due to his sword.
Also, if Sakurai-san had taken out Marth instead of Roy he would have had massive disapproval. Marth was arguably the best in Melee, people would've been pissed, myself included.
On an unrelated sidenote, Lynn would have been the easiest FE lord to include, having two weapons in FE, and 8 different [badass] attack animations for them to work with. Also, she would've been so cool to use.

@GC: culture has an effect on everything, videogames are no different. For example, look at games like WarioWare and Rythm Heaven and you can see just how different (and weird for us) Japanese culture is.
Also, like rockerJ said, FE mimics medieval/fantasy styles, which is why we have main characters that are 15-16 years old and look feminine due to their youth. Since Japanese people are quite metrosexual, this was never a problem in Japan, but when the characters came to the US people were more inclined to see such appearance as "gay". Same thing comes up with anime and manga.

@SBF87: compared to Melee, I find vBrawl extremely balanced. When you have people beating top tier characters with low tier characters this is evident, something that didn't happen in Melee. Sure, some characters have unavoidable weaknesses, but the fact that mindgames and spacing are so important in this game means that most weaknesses can be worked around with enough effort.
I think the best proof of this is the Sonic community in SWF. Their work on Sonic's metagame led to Sonic's rise from low-tier to mid-tier.

Last edited:
i wasn't talking about animations. all of Marths moves were single hit. other characters in the same game have multi-hit moves so it was possible, he just had only single hit moves.and he never had any move where he charged his energy and attacked, again others did so you can't claim graphic limitations were the cause. Roy actually had these moves. and both had thier data added at relatively the same time, working everything out before adding them in. while some fans would have been angry with no Marth, an equal number(myself included) are angry about no Roy. he claimed his desicion about the removed characters was to de-clone Brawl. i repeat, if he wanted to get rid of clones then he should've ditched Marth

Ganondorf and Captain Falcon have a lot of similar moves. Why couldn't Roy be a little different like Ganondorf?

I think they held back a little for brawl, if they can have 32 player online multiplayer matches then they could have added more to the roster. I mean even the fact that we are still tied down to 4 players at a time when we could have at least 5, cruel brawl proves that they have more potential they they released.

I see how Marth put in Brawl instead of Roy. More people used Marth than Roy in tournys and were pretty successful.
Mango pwned about every great champion in Melee like Mew2King, Ken, and some others.

It's sad to see how Captain Falcon was a high tier in Melee but now he's a low tier in Brawl. Mango pulled out awsome combos in tournaments with Captain Falcon.

I see your point comparing Melee to Brawl, but I was comparing VBrawl to Brawl+.

In the end, they're all different. I was just explaining how I see Brawl as balanced and thus enjoy it without needind Brawl+. I don't mind playing all three though, maybe balanced brawl as well when it's worked out.

i wasn't talking about animations. all of Marths moves were single hit. other characters in the same game have multi-hit moves so it was possible, he just had only single hit moves.and he never had any move where he charged his energy and attacked, again others did so you can't claim graphic limitations were the cause. Roy actually had these moves. and both had thier data added at relatively the same time, working everything out before adding them in. while some fans would have been angry with no Marth, an equal number(myself included) are angry about no Roy. he claimed his desicion about the removed characters was to de-clone Brawl. i repeat, if he wanted to get rid of clones then he should've ditched Marth

I think you'll have to show me a visual because you lost me again.
And really, general consensus is Marth is not the clone, and the Roy crowd is much smaller than the Marth crowd, due to both popularity of the character in his series and the fact he was simply one of the best of melee.

Ganondorf and Captain Falcon have a lot of similar moves. Why couldn't Roy be a little different like Ganondorf?

That probably was the original idea, but I'm assuming 39 characters felt like enough so roy was dropped along with Dr. Mario.
Also, Ganondorf is a key player in the Zelda universe and worthy of being in this game. Roy is NOT a key player in FE history. Actually, he's one of the worst lords in FE history. Imo, he wasn't worthy when he made it to Melee as a commercial.

toon link and young link were clones

?????
And your point is?

Toon Link looks gay. We should of stated with Young Link.

You seriously have issues with that g word.
Toon Link has been in more Zelda games than Young Link, and no one can really argue Young Link was a better fighter. Plus, it's not like you would've mained him, you seem like the sort that prefers to use powerful characters.

Yeah Ganondork is more important than Roy but I feel that Roy is cooler.

I actually mained Link and Young Link in Melee. Well they were the only ones that I used when I went to my cousin's house.

If you think that I have a problem saying gay then you probably won't want to meet me in person. I use the word that starts with F and rhymes with bag a lot but this isn't a thread to discuss that.

Do any of you know how to fix a scratch videogame/CD? My cousin gave me Melee but it doesn't work.

in brawl who is the best and worst

Arguably, MK is the best and Ganondork is the worst.
However, we must keep in mind that people who use MK because he´s at the top probably have small manhood and even smaller self-esteem.
(I'm joking, btw)

@GC: it's probably cheaper to get a new copy than to get a CD cleaner. My knowledge of CDs is not huge, but as far as I know if it's really scratched there's nothing to do.
Melee is not too expensive, $20 I think?

Arguably, MK is the best and Ganondork is the worst.
However, we must keep in mind that people who use MK because he´s at the top probably have small manhood and even smaller self-esteem.
(I'm joking, btw)

@GC: it's probably cheaper to get a new copy than to get a CD cleaner. My knowledge of CDs is not huge, but as far as I know if it's really scratched there's nothing to do.
Melee is not too expensive, $20 I think?

Gamecube games are pretty hard to find. Well if you are looking for one game in particuly and you go to the store. I'm thinking of buying Melee and a memory card for Gamecube. Wii SD cards don't save gamecube data do they?

Ganondorf may be the last one on the list but people use him more than Samus or other low tiers. As much as I hate saying this I think that Link should be the lowest tier :/

Back