Any musicians here?

I play electric guitar.
Me and my friend are kicking around the band ideas.
Need a drummer though.

I've written a few things as well, I find writing to be easy.

CantGetAWii said:
I play electric guitar.
Me and my friend are kicking around the band ideas.
Need a drummer though.

I've written a few things as well, I find writing to be easy.

I can write like crazy , but im never completely happy with the way my songs turn out its like im always too simple or too deep or too metaphorical or too dark etc etc , so most of my songs end up in the bin !

I was in a band for a couple of years but we only did covers , mainly radiohead , I quit because I was in college and working at the same time and I was always fooked !

Ive busked and just done like acoustic sets in bars, which I prefered to do

I played Trombone for 7 Years.

I currently play guitar, and have been playing seriously for about 4 years now. I'm influenced by just about anyone. the main ones are John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Dimebag Darrel (Pantera/Damageplan), Steve Vai, Joe Satriani as well as the bands Megadeth, Early MEtallica, Iced Earth, Ayreon, Rush, Queensryche and Opeth.

I mostly play Metal but i have spent time playing jazz, learning to improve, spent a bit of time learning classical (my teacher ended up quiting..bastard). I've also played in a musical. I played guitar in a highschool production of Grease.

Currently i'm working on a piece for a recital i'm having in December. Progressive Metal tune called "Constant Motion" by Dream Theater. Here's a link from Youtube of the whole song. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=H67gWgDK0WQ) and a link to the Music Video,Which has a minute edited out of it,in case you want to listen to it (http://youtube.com/watch?v=44j6hvBx4fg)

Last edited:
I play guitar and Mandolin in an acoustic 3 piece band.

i love it - we gig most weekends in bars/pubs here in the middle of the UK.

im in two minds whether i will love or be deeply disappointed with guitar hero 3 as a guitarist. I have not played a guitar hero game but am really intrigued by it.

Es

Esirnus said:
I play guitar and Mandolin in an acoustic 3 piece band.

i love it - we gig most weekends in bars/pubs here in the middle of the UK.

im in two minds whether i will love or be deeply disappointed with guitar hero 3 as a guitarist. I have not played a guitar hero game but am really intrigued by it.

Es

yeah GH games dont interest me at all , I mean ive never actually played one but id rather spend £30+ on some new strings or a decent case or somethin for my real guitar .

A fella i knew did the madolin soundtrack for a film , i think it was the BFG , I could well be wrong though it was a while ago when i knew him .

So what kind of band do you play in ?

i have an old school piano in my living room, all i can play is Für Elise and Mary had a Little Lamb...lol not really a musician but it solves boredum

Jay588 said:
i have an old school piano in my living room, all i can play is Für Elise and Mary had a Little Lamb...lol not really a musician but it solves boredum

ha ha ha lol at you playing mary had a lil lamb , not so good for the grim reaper image jay !

unless of course its the evil horrid version

mary had a little lamb
its fleece was red as blood
and every time that lamb did bleed
we all thought it was good

el-zilcho said:
ha ha ha lol at you playing mary had a lil lamb , not so good for the grim reaper image jay !

unless of course its the evil horrid version

mary had a little lamb
its fleece was red as blood
and every time that lamb did bleed
we all thought it was good
Mary had a little lamb
she tied it to a pylon
ten thousand volts went up it's ass
and turned it's wool to nylon

i play guitar, both acoustic and electric. i try to learn on acoustic then play on electric. acoustic is more difficult to play. an electric, u can fudge it a lot more.

gear:
free acoustic from my friends attic
Ibanez RG470 black
LTD Dave Mustaine signature limited edition (#101 of 200)
Crate 120 watt 2x12 combo amp
digitech RP3 effects pedal

influences: black sabbath, megadeth, the ramones, acdc, danzig, coheed and cambria, ted nugent, the list is long..

waiting to buy a house so i can practice more and get a band together. got a lot of money into it. about $2500 in gear

Jay588 said:

lol same with me, I can only play a bit of Für Elise and a bit of the "Love Story" song "A walk to remember" which is BEAUTIFUL!

been playing guitar for almost 4 years
play drums in a band, been together like 2 years been playing for 3

Back