NP FULL REVIEW of BWII HERE

Link_Sword

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
Sorry for all caps guys but since i am not lazy i decided i shall quote the whole Bwii review by nintendo power. You guys deserve to hear it well here it is!
"There really isn't any other franchise like Battalion Wars. The blend of in-the-trenches action-shooter and real-time strategy genres creates an unarguably fresh expierence. Battalion Wars 2 builds on what is Gamecube predecessor began by telling a more intricate story and adding new vehicles to diversify gameplay. At times the story feels too intricate- spanning 200 years and featuring siz armies, you can often lose track of who the good guys are. The campy, almost nonchalant view of war is also disarming, to say the least. But the plot does a great job of incorporating new strategic elements at a smooth pace- for at least the first half of the game, each new mission weaves in a new military unit (subs are really fun to navigate) or a new type of objective (such as protect the base, rescue the prisoners). With so much to take in, the difficulty level from mission to mission can be a little erratic, however.

The series' transition to the Wii has produced mixed results. One thing is for sure the devlopers have been able to get more graphically from the system- better explosions, nice looking water effects, and well drawn cinematic sequences add a luster that the GNC game lacked. Control-wise, the use of the pointer has made targeting the enemy much easier- if you can see it, you can destroy it. The pointer is accurate and quick, but a limiting camera prevents you from being able to look directly overhead, meaning planes can strafe you but you can't target back. Gesture based controls work to varied effectiveness, as well- jostling the nunchuk to make infantry dodge attacks works fine but tilting the remote to advjust the elevation when you're piloting a plane feels stiff and slow.

The online multiplayer modes via WIFI connection come in three flavors; Assualt mode and Co-op mode are quick and entertaining, but the more prolonged battles of skirmish mode are more likely to hold people's attention.
-Chris SH.

Well there it is finally, i would post my feeling about it but i am tired of typing. Anyway you guys have a good one and i'll talk to ya'll later

Yeah its totally mixed and contradictory and it seemed to me that he reallly liked the game, the way he talked it sounded like an 8.9 ish game lol. Who knows

No I think 7.5 sounds about right he did have complaints about the difficulty, controls, etc., and probably other unmentioned things like Graphics or Music.

He talked about the Graphics though.
It must have been the controls, but you could have at least given it an 8.

It's story mode must not be that good.

Anything more about those multi-player modes? Because the guy at MTV said that there wasnt any 2 vs 2. Only 2 against AI

^^^^damn........ Now unless it gets really good reviews and/or I can get it used for cheap from EBGames, it's pretty much off my list. I need local multiplayer games for the Wii all I have is Wii Sports and Strikers which is a bit too complicated to pick up immediately. MOH was my hope but no split screen in that either. I guess I'll wait till Brawl.

7.5 from Nintendo Power? mustn't be that good then.

Back