Anybody that watches TV using Antenna, read this

JLU51396

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22401907/

It turns out that on Feb. 17 2009, the signals that your antenna TV uses will stop being used and you won't be able to watch antenna TV any more without a 40 dollar converter box which is basically cable, I think. It really sucks, the signals people used in the early 40's that created TV will not be used anymore. I don't know about yall but I don't like to change things that have been the same way for 50 years for no good reason, why don't they just update the radios that the firefighters use and leave antenna TV alone.

Anyway this is my opinion, what do yall think.

Well it gives those a fair early warning.
Glad I upgraded in 2000 :lol:

I should warn my friend, he still has one and only gets like 11 channels.

I didn't know anyone still used an antenna :shocked:

My grandmother used to have one ^_^ sad news that something as ever-lasting as the antenna is now being faded out.

What's funny is 90% of the people with native digital sets are driving them with composite or component (i.e., analog) based signals.

Even funnier is it's incredibly hard to tell the difference going D->A->D (vs. D->D->D) with HD based content. Go figure :D

[DT] said:
with HD based content. Go figure :D
We've all been robbed. I bet we've slowly been down graded (so we won't notice) because the cable companies could make more money by offering a "premium service", or better yet- the quality we received before.

only poor people use antenna and poor people can't afford internet also msnbc is on cable so this thread and that article are kind of pointless

well if they aren't poor then why would they care about 40 bucks that's not even half a day's wages for a poor person

if they don't use their tv then they don't use the antenna either I said poor people use antenna and you are talking about non poor people that don't watch tv at all do you have any idea what you are talking about or are you just trying to argue with me

Back