anyone else get motion sickness?

bokeh

WiiChat Member
Sep 21, 2007
Does anyone else get motion sickness from playing some of these games???

I get headaches and even a little naseous from playing any first person game like metroid and resident evil...

A friend told me this sensation is called vertigo..

And I've read that if you change the room lighting that it should help but that doesn't work for me...

It sucks that I can only play those games for 20 minutes before I get sick...

No I don't encounter these problems.
I never feel sick after.

Sounds like your real sensitive to lights etc.

Maybe take a break from the Wii for a bit?

I only play 30 min at a time!!

I think its cuz I move like a noob... :(

You don't really seem very wiilaxed to me. Just take a five minute brake every 25 min. Put on a timer.

I had a really bad case of vertigo a little while ago. It was really weird. It was like I would get really dizzy if I would shake my head. I guess there are 2 types of vertigo. One where it seems like your head feels blurry, and one where everything around you feels blurry......or somehting like that. Mine was from an ear infection.

But, I think a lot of people have the same problem you do. Well, at least something like it. It is like when people get sick in a car from reading. I kinda feel weird when I play my DS in the car for too long.

I am not really sure what you could do. If there is other stuff in the room, like another tv or something that is distracting your eyes, you should turn that off.

Yeah. When I see some one reading a book or playing a game on the bus or my sister when we're going somewere it freaks me out. I can't even read one page of book unless it's on the highway.

yh i get dizzy when i read and a few times when i play DS/PSP/GBA(i hate 2 read so im not getting vertigo or whatever its called anytime soon).

I used to get it REALLY bad back in the day when I played the old school FPSs. It came to the point where I never experienced "vertigo" anymore. Maybe my mind became acclimated to the quick motions on the TV, who knows.

Back