anyone else getting "wii arm"???

robby1824

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2007
just got my Wii, got Tiger Woods too......my right arm is KILLING me!!...I am in fairly good shape, golf in the real world, but the "popping" of my arm to create power has my right arm in a lot of pain right above the elbow in the bicep...anyone else had this problem???....and will it go away??..it cost me a tournament when I could'nt reach the green on a par 3 over water!!

I got Wii arm when i played Wii sports all day once

So i stopped and it was mostly gone by that night and completely gone by the next morning.

I got Wii arm when i played Wii sports all day once

So i stopped and it was mostly gone by that night and completely gone by the next morning.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post >.< My comp was lagging >.<

Last edited:
that has happen to me also playing tiger woods 08 or wii sports. Only if i really feel like getting into it. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that you never actually make contact with anything. For instance if you play baseball and swing the bat you make contact with the ball that automatically slows your swing, same with tennis and even golf. But playing on Wii, if you get really into the game, you swing just as hard but never hit something that helps slow your swing down for you. Like they say in boxing when you punch and miss it hurts you more than when you land a punch, it's got to be something with just overextending your joints and such, i don't think it so much has to do with you being in shape or anything like that, you'll get used to the movements, for now though just take breaks every so often.

kyle

Last edited:
My wife and i both have had wii arm. it took her 3 days to get over it and mine was better by the next morning. I agree with Smyth it has to do with over exending your muscles.

"Wii Arm" is custom for new Wii owners mostly, and later on you'll find yourself not swinging as hard as you once did. Its fun swinging hard though sometimes, and going a bit crazy but if you do your arm hurts.

But yeah, just take a break from playing and return to it in a bit. You should be fine.

CantGetAWii said:
"Wii Arm" is custom for new Wii owners mostly, and later on you'll find yourself not swinging as hard as you once did. Its fun swinging hard though sometimes, and going a bit crazy but if you do your arm hurts.

But yeah, just take a break from playing and return to it in a bit. You should be fine.

oh ya, that's why I got a wii. So i can actually pretend im boxing, playing tennis, etc. But since when I play wii boxing (I actually punch as hard as i would in real life) it hurts a ton afterwards. Maybe I should stop being so enthusiastic.

Yeah, maybe tone it down.
You don't need to swing like your punching someone out..no matter how fun that may be :lol:

If you think tiger woods gives you wii arm, try dbz budokai tenkaichi 2 or three. you have to move your arms so fast on hard mode.

Back