Arceus Has Been Officially Announced!!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
Yes, you've read the title right! In the most recent issue of CoroCoro(a japanese manga magazine produced monthly), Arceus has been revealed - picture and all! Along with minor details we've known about Arceus, perhaps the most minor of all, is that Arceus will indeed be appearing in the 12th Pokemon Movie, which should be released in Japan some time in this July. More importantly - Arceus will follow the trend of theater distribution and be given out as a download at the time of the movie's theater release!

While it should be a long while before Arceus shows up in the US, or anywhere else for that matter, the good news is that Arceus may be here within a year or a bit more! Arceus will finally be a 100% legal uber.~ Now, discuss!

Arceus.png

Arceus is cool, but creepy. I would like to more much more about it and other legends, however.

OMG!!!!!

Lol, this is the one we've all really been waiting for (though we still have to wait more). Exciting. I wish they didn't take forever to release them though. D&P have been out for almost 2 years already and we probably have to wait another year. Also.. a little off-topic but I've been wondering... why do they give away these event only pokemon via mystery gift when you can battle and catch them in the game with their respective event only items?

Yes, that picture is badass.

I wish Nintendo would reveal a little bit more about the history of Pokemon, besides what we can learn in that one library.

that picture is bada$$

Yes, yes it is. :p Then again, Arceus is badass.

Yes, that picture is badass.

I wish Nintendo would reveal a little bit more about the history of Pokemon, besides what we can learn in that one library.

While it'd be nice to know more, we really don't need to. I've read all the canalave library books, and I pretty much get the history of pokemon. ..There is an unanswered question though, where does Mew fall in? I think Mew was the first poke to be created AFTER the deities(Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and the Lake Trio), and from then on Mew was the ancestor of everything that followed. Another question is how were other pokes formed..? A question, with no answer. Was it evolution(yes, the scientific kind not the lv. up, stone, trade, etc. thing)?

I remember seeing a diagram before the 4th generation was created, showing Mew at the top.. This is proof that Arceus didn't create every single poke at once. I'm supposing evolution created the largest bulk of pokemon.

But you know, what really stems my interest is, where do humans come from in the pokemon world..?! o.o; Did Arceus create them too? ..Were humans originally pokemon?? We may never know. :lol:

My theory is that after all the first ledgendarys were created, Arceus created Mew. Mew slowly multiplied, but they all started to evolve. They each turned into different Pokemon, which soon branched off into others, and so on. The only Mew still left at that time was the original. So that original Mew truly is the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Would that make any sense? Basically, Arceus created Mew to inhabit the planet. Humans were created separately, like Adam and Eve.

However, worth noting that Mew probably isnt the ancestor of all Pokemon. Things like Porygon, Heatran, Castform, etc are questionable. Maybe even most of the ledgendarys.....

Last edited:
Actually, on that diagram I mentioned earlier, Ho-Oh and Lugia come straight after mew, meaning those two were the first two pokes to originate from Mew. So yes, Mew was even the ancestor of legendaries. I'd say only a few legendaries didn't come from Mew, which probably includes Heatran as you mentioned. I can also imagine Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza didn't come from Mew. Certain pokes like Porygon and Mewtwo obviously didn't evolve from Mew, ofcourse.

This is also true for things like Claydol which shouldn't really classify as a pokemon.. Also, on that note, Claydol was said to of been created from a Clay doll(duh)and brung to life by a mysterious light.. Perhaps that light was Arceus? Who knows.

Other things to think about are the regis, in a similar manor to Claydol. The regi's are literally golems, or a "homunculi". They are inanimate objects(Ice, Steel, and Rock)brung to life by an otherwordly power. Certain pokemon like this were definatly not created by Mew.

What about Ghosts? What about things like Rotom and Magniton? Was Magcargo also created from lava?....there are many possibilitys.

I doubt that Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza were created from Mew. I think Arceus created them to create the lands, seas, and skys.....hmmmm....That somehow reminds me of something.....

Ar...what?

oh, a Poke'mon

The thing looks too badass to be a Poke'mon. Oh, thats not official art? No wonder. Im guessing it wont look so cool in the official art.

EDIT:

Back from Google, and as usual I was right. Not only does this thing not look as cool as it does in this picture, it looks pretty damn goofy. With that being said I'm glad this thing doesn't exist. Otherwise it would have just kicked my ass into oblivion.

oh yeah, Mewtwos still the best.

Last edited:
It doesn't even look pokemon-ish even as the official art, Bodine. :lol: It is the god of the pokemon world, after all. Also, the thing is, Arceus doesn't have official art yet.. or atleast I don't think so. It was just now revealed, so if official art is out there, it's rare. Either way, here's it's in-game sprite in Diamond/Pearl(it changes in Platinum).

http://media.photobucket.com/image/arceus/masterspokemon14/Arceus.gif?o=37

Nick, don't you know? :lol: Bar a few ghost pokes like Banette that was created from an "evil", lonesome doll possessed by a spirit, ghost pokemon were previously actual living pokemon. It's ironic ghosts are hard to find, considering there'd be more ghost pokemon than living pokes.

Personal opinion alert: dont hate

Mewtwo > Arcie

...Yes I called it Arcie. Its a nickname

Arceus is still the god that created Mew, which created Mewtwo. So Mewtwo is like.. 3 steps below Arceus. :p Who's the god of pokemon now?! :D ..Hahah, just joking. Mewtwo is certainly no longer the most powerful poke though.

Arceus is still the god that created Mew, which created Mewtwo. So Mewtwo is like.. 3 steps below Arceus. :p Who's the god of pokemon now?! :D ..Hahah, just joking. Mewtwo is certainly no longer the most powerful poke though.
...Have you never played God of War 2?

No, I have not. :p The series bored me with the first one, I barely got far into the game before dropping it.

Back