heartgold-soulsilver-box-art.jpg
Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Game Freak
Release Date:

JP - Q4 2009
US & EU - Q1 2010

Genre: Turn-Based RPG

New Additions / Improvements Info:

- Gold receives a redesign while a new player character apparently replaces Kris.
- The DS's 3D capabilities are utilized in selecting the starter Pokémon.
- The PokéGear has been redesigned. Now, it features two designs, one blue and white for males and another white and pink for females.
- Much like Kanto's was for its remakes, Johto's Pokédex has been redesigned; however, just the same, it retains the same Pokédex order referred to as the "New Pokédex" in Generation II.
- An image of certain locations, similar to that of FireRed and LeafGreen, appears when entering the location.
- Team Rocket Grunts are designed like they were in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Location changes

-Elm's Lab has an upstairs level.
- Maps have been remade to match the design style used in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Gameplay changes

- The Pokémon storage system, bag and party interface all use the Nintendo DS's touch screen.
- All 493 Pokémon are capable of following the player similar to Pikachu in Yellow. CoroCoro showed examples of several examples including Steelix and Wobbuffet. Shininess is apparently retained. More specific details are currently unknown.
- Similarly to the event Shaymin and Regigigas's effect on Platinum, the Pikachu-colored Pichu to be given to those who have pre-ordered tickets to the twelfth movie will unlock an event near the Ilex Forest Shrine featuring the Notched-ear Pichu.
- The screen that pops up when pressing the Start or X buttons in the previous games appears on the touch screen instead.
- Groudon and Kyogre will appear in SoulSilver and HeartGold, respectively, after the Elite Four, and Rayquaza can be caught in both games once the other members of its trio are brought into the game.
- Cynthia and Arceus are shown together in an unknown location.

PokeWalker
poke-walker1.png

UPDATING

Last edited:
Really? No replies? This deserves a whole lot of THANKYOU!

Thanks man. Really informative and I'm looking forward to this game with extreme eagerness.

We already have a thread for this (not the one you're thinking, someone made an identical one and abandoned it), but it died out, so I suppose this is passable. I would really add Serebii to the list of sites, they've already updated on a few things, like the Arceus-Cynthia event.

www.serebii.net

We already have a thread for this (not the one you're thinking, someone made an identical one and abandoned it), but it died out, so I suppose this is passable. I would really add Serebii to the list of sites, they've already updated on a few things, like the Arceus-Cynthia event.

www.serebii.net

Well I'm glad that I crated this thread then.

Nah, the 2 sites I've put up have that info and much more.

If so, then fix this. :p

Damn it, I forgot to get that out of there. lol

EDIT: Oh yeah. It won't let me update the first post. The screen shows up blank when I click "Save Changes."

Last edited:
Anybody else impressed with the graphics on this game? Like the Ho-oh and Lugia screenshots at the main menu?

im super excited for this one. im a complete sucker for all of the pokemon stuff, the main games any way. and im fully aware they've probably only changed like 5% of it and just slapped a fresh coat of paint on it, im still going to buy it lol.

Anybody else impressed with the graphics on this game? Like the Ho-oh and Lugia screenshots at the main menu?

Ya, that Lugia in the waterfall picture is absolutely epic.

im super excited for this one. im a complete sucker for all of the pokemon stuff, the main games any way. and im fully aware they've probably only changed like 5% of it and just slapped a fresh coat of paint on it, im still going to buy it lol.

That's why it's so awesome. :p GSC were the most win pokemon RPGs of all, IMO. They retain all that awesomeness, but with updated everything to make it even more awesome. Not to mention I'm confident there'l be plenty of new content, just like how FRLG got the Sevii Islands.

HGSSstarters.gif

The 3 starter Pokemon for the games. Ima have a hard time deciding btw the fire type pokemon and the water type pokemon.

Someone show me this picture/s!

anyone knows when the pre order starts for the English version?

Back