Arceus Has Been Officially Announced!!

It was a program. There is no such thing as an actual Missing number in a complete game. I wonder why MISSINGNO existed.

it was a glitch in programming data. it wasn't meant to be there but when they finished making the game they didn't realise it until the internet had these poke sites explaining it. then they decided to leave it cause the glitch was doing good and had to be activated a specific way that not everybody knew.

..A glitch? No, from what I've heard the programmers actually put it into the game. Missingno. was supposedly to test some things, and it was also in the game to mediate a few game mechanics. It's been a long time since I've heard this junk, but I'm pretty sure what you said isn't right, Shadow. ..Then again I don't have anything to back my claims. :lol:

i'm going off memory as well :lol:

theres supposedly 2 or 3 stories behind it but they all keep the last bit true: they left it in cause it did no harm and not everbody could use it.

Yes, missingno#. was a glitch of the highest glitchatude.
It ****ed your game up something feirce. Re-wrote hall of fame data, caused odd little quirks....
Force spawned blane.....

On the note of ubery ness.
While Arceus is still the MOST versatile Pokemon, and one of the hardest to just out and outright deal with, I am STILL a huge fan of the ever in season MEW, specialy when paired with his genetic offspring MEWTWO.

Why mew?.....Why...mew?
Easy, while Arceus can fill any role, mew can effectively do anything. Mewtwo, is alot like calling the marines. If it absolutely has to be blown up over night. Mew's like calling in a seasoned commando to do any job...any time...[Cue Solid Snake Bandanna with infi wind]

Truthfully, I'd rather just have a Soul Dew powered Latios, Life Orb Mewtwo, Leftovers Metagross, Leftovers Lugia, and Strype McCLaine @ Choice Specs....

I still say Missingno. was put in the game for a reason. He has the name Missingno. instead of something creepy or glitched, after all. ..Not that I'm denying he can fux up your game six ways from sunday, in both beneficial(although few in number)and terrible ways.

..Mew actually can't do as much as Arceus due to his single typing and lower stats, Strype. Mew isn't as fit to be a sweeper as Arceus, although he can, not as well. Mew can support, but Arceus can be utility, support, and tank. Mew isn't that good at being a utility poke, and certainly isn't bulky enough to tank. Arceus also does numerous things better, like choice banding.

Mew can do two things Arceus can't do as well, ofcourse: Status and Baton Pass, which Arceus can't even access. I'll give Mew that much.

Mewtwo has flat out more raw stats, and can sweep a weakened team/blast open teams early on better than Arceus, definatly. But again, Mewtwo has little options to tank(to many peoples' suprise, he can, but not as well as Arceus), and less options to support than Arceus(he has a few, though). Mewtwo can't really set up a sweep without CM though, which Arceus is bulkier for as well as have better typing, and Latios sets up faster. Arceus also has a much more unpredictable factor in terms of the number of sets.

Mewtwo should stick to blasting gigantic holes in things with specs/orb. Nobody can no set up sweep like Mewtwo, except Deoxys A.

Generation 1 Mewtwo.
Amnesia.
Win target game.

================================================================================
Also, I should clerify, I also found most of this on 1) Long term game, and 2) ignoring of just how brokenly over powered Arceus is.
Secondly, I'm kinda an ass and just playing around you know.

Compared to Arceus, Mew is a joke, but then again, everything is.
Mew compared to everything else, however, is almost a bigger joke.

Last edited:
Generation 1 Mewtwo.
Amnesia.
Win target game.

Word. :lol: Mewtwo was the cheapest poke in the history of anything in generation 1. Good thing it changed a bit in Gen 2. He's still a monster though, just not as unbeatable.

Compared to Arceus, Mew is a joke, but then again, everything is.
Mew compared to everything else, however, is almost a bigger joke.

In terms of baton passing, yes, everything compared to Mew is just a joke. Bar Ninjask, but even then he can only pass Swords Dance/speed, doesn't have a status move(Hypnosis), and doesn't have defenses that let him survive a hit w/o a Sash.

If it was an unintentional glitch than his name would look like his body, a hexadecimal. Since his body looked like that, they named him MISSINGNO because that's what he looked like. A missing nunber. But note: game developers dont identify mistakes and then label them only to turn around and leave them alone.
He was an intentional glitch.

Heh, that's exactly what I meant, Fox. You worded it far better than I did though. :lol:

Anyways, while being on topic in the DP forums doesn't matter as long as your talking about pokemon(not like the mods care too much), it's time for some Arceus news. Bodine wanted to see some of Arceus' sugimori art a page or two back, and whether or not he still does, I found it. Stumbling across pokebeach, I found a bunch of sugimori art. Check it out. Arceus looks pretty awesome.

http://www.pokebeach.com/

That's a nice find alright.
Me, personally, I hate how he looks. Very...ugly. Reminds me of a borzoi with a mangled fence wraped around it. (true story)

o.o; Uh.. interesting way of putting it, I won't ask. Arceus looks very godly to me IMO, certainly looks like a god of pokemon if there is one. While I wouldn't say it's ugly, it isn't good looking either.

I just forced a 6-0 run with King my Dragonite.
A DD and SD prediction battle between King and an Absol (who didnt have a sash for some reason)
Dragonite with 4 DDs rapes.
I gotta say, it could have gone the other way if I would have lost the prediction battle untill I got to Weezing and burned him.

Last edited:
6-0? Nice. 4 DDs on Dragonite.. That's crazy. I'm guessing you were DDing while Absol tried to sucker punch, or something of that nature?

We started my Ambipom V his Gengar.
I U-turn and he switches to a Bliss (not sure why) after I switch to King. I get 1 DD while he switches out to Absol. Next turn I DD again and he Psycho Cuts (again, not sure why) then we trade DDs and SDs untill I decide his presence is annoying and decide to enforce my will upon his nub ass.
Absol is dangerous in every sense of the word in the hands of a competent battler.

Back