Are games getting easier?

sorabrawl

WiiChat Member
Nov 8, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2222-2222-2222-2222
Remember Super Mario 64, Spyro the Dragon, Pokemon Stadium, Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts 1? They were difficult games.
Have you experienced a time when you ask yourself "Man, why are games getting easier now?"
Seriously, I've played Super Mario Galaxy and I was so bored. There was no challenge. Another example of this, is when I played Zelda: Ocarina of Time and I couldn't even get through the first part; the tree but I've completed Twilight Princess.
Kingdom Hearts 2 was much easier than Kingdom Hearts 1.
Spyro the Dragon was a difficult game but the same creators of that game, produced Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction was very easy and lasted 6 hours, in conjunction to 30 hours.
Even Harry Potter has become easier. The first one took 10 hours to complete it on the PS1 but Order of the Pheonix takes about 3 or 4.

Is it me or ever since 2006, the games have been incredibly easy?

There are a few exceptions such as Okami and Tales of Symphonia 2 but most game franchises have usually become alot easier for me to complete and finish.

Well The Conduit sure as heck isn't easy. Probably one of the hardest game I've ever played, and I'm not even on the highest difficulty yet.

I totally agree with you on Mario Galaxy , far to easy , if there isn't a challenge then i turn it off.

Remember kids today have attention spans of about 5 seconds, the length of time it takes to send a text message. If a game is too long or too hard, its not any fun and it will not get recommended for their friends to buy.

Remember kids today have attention spans of about 5 seconds, the length of time it takes to send a text message. If a game is too long or too hard, its not any fun and it will not get recommended for their friends to buy.

not only that, but kids are getting stupider. I am at the top of my class and we do crap two years older than us. its amazing how easy some kids have it. The "average" kids are doing stuff i did in 5th grade. im in 8th grade. FML

Because they did make super mario galaxy easy. The deal might be with us or the games that creators make. With each sequel or different games, they have to come up with something different. Some are not really sucesesful at it.

Generally speaking Metal Gear Solid is suppose to be an easy game and I was having trouble with it.

Everyone bashes Super Mario Galaxy for being to easy... and it is. However, this does not stand up for the entire console generation. I'd say Super Mario 64 is the perfect difficulty for a game everyone has some trouble beating the thing but both for the core 'and' casual gamer it's beatable and thanks to the extra stars, it's hard to beat for the casual gamer and hard to collect all the stars for the core. The only problem with Super Mario 64... it was too short and what you'll notice is when the creators try to resolve one problems it leads to another. They created Super Mario Sunshine an extremely hard sequel (like Super Mario Bros.: the Lost Levels) hoping how hard it was would lengthen it and it did... into 15 hours of a super hard game, Nintendo tried to deal with this problem and... well I think you know (Super Mario Galaxy). As for Zelda I felt that when Shigeru Miyamoto switched Director roles half way through with Eiji Aonuma to become the Producer it became easier, if you had noticed half way through the game got easier. Forest Temple very hard (first level), Palace of Twilight too easy (final level), give Nintendo a break they'll be releasing the Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which is said to be harder) and an unnamed new Zelda (which I hope will be more of a challenge) give it a year or so Nintendo will tune back up, even though it's not easy.

Back