Attention All Mohh2 Online Gamers

zapasant93 said:
hmmm........mine isnt very good...and i dont feel like posting it....but i get great connection and no lag when i play other wifi games

your internet is probably good. its just that there arent any of those servers in canada. the speed it shows you also depends on the distance.

l7cx1Cl said:
bahaha AOL bl m8 xD
bl? And what may I ask is wrong with AOL? It seems fine for me.

Could someone also please analyse my results now!

Walugi said:
16 is a good ping
100+ is a poopy ping.
202361044.png

but who knows thats to a calgary server, which i can guarantee wii will not have.

yeah and your definition of what ping is was great too. not until i said something what ping was you had to go and make a better one. nice job walugi

Hugh345 said:
203638425.png

So by my understanding of Ping from this thread, if I was to join a U.S.A server I would get hella lag than if I joined an AUS server?

A ping ONLY tests the time it takes for data to get from one system to another and back. Also, most routers are set to give ICMP requests (ping, tracerts, etc) the lowest priority. So you can ping a server and get 1000ms+ times, but yet still log into that same server and play a game lag free. This scenario is actually quite common. All it takes is one router that is working near it's capacity (anywhere along the path from you to the server you are pinging) which will cause the router to delay delivery of the ICMP request, which in turn will cause your ping time to skyrocket. Just because your ICMP packets took 1400ms to get to a server and back does NOT mean that your TCP/UDP packets will take 1400ms to get there (and back). The same router that is delaying your ICMP request may only be running at 80% load, so it delays ICMP, but transmits TCP/UDP just fine.

Back