Bad Assistance

Raghul

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone.
I have called Nintendo today about my problem with the noisy Wii. They told me that I had to send my Wii to repair because it has a problem with the disc reader... BUT I don't live in the U.S. and my father brought my Wii as a gift to Brazil (and yes, LEGALLY).
Since Nintendo sells Wii in Brazil I figured there weren't going to be any problems if I had to replace it or repair it. But no...
I must be in the U.S. to send it to Nintendo. I think that's shameful, since they sell Wii here as well. For example, we have already had assistance from Palm and they didn't even sell the model we had to repair.
So if you are going to buy a Wii in America, watch out for this, because your Wii could be the one with problems and you might not be able to use your warranty if you are outside U.S. and Canada.

wow, sounds like quite the predicament, luckily i live iin canada....but thanks for sharing your experience

Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately I don't think that there's much you can do considering you purchased your Wii in the US.

Im not bagging you raghul but alot of people seem to think they have a noisey Wii. But infact the wii does make a bit of noise. I would play a couple of other wii consoles and then decide if you should send it off for repairs.

Well, actually the noise isn't normal. I can't play any games and the console asks me to eject the cd's and reset the Wii... So it isn't a normal noise :sick:

Back