Bad to leave games sitting in the wii when it's off?

wiicanada said:
My brother was reading his Wii manual, and it says it's not good to leave a disc in the system when its not being used... What the heck is that all about, I mean... The controller has a power button for a reason, so I don't have to get up! Does this mean I have to walk allllll that way to my Wii to take the disc out each time I turn it off, and put the game back in everytime I want to play??? SHATTY DEAL

god forbid you have to walk 10 feet to take care of a 250 dollar item:sad:

It says a lot of things in the manual. This is so angry mothers can't find little retarded things to pull the S-card out about.

well heck when i play the chair i sit in is only 5 ft. away so i take the games in and out.

i havent played my wii since sunday, is it ok if i leave wiiconnect 24 on? Its been on so is that ok? or should i shut it? The wii feels a litle warm. also, if ppl tried to e-mail me if its ok, would it go through and when i connect online i will get the email? thanks

I called nintendo to see what they say. Its ok to leave the online one even if u arent playing the wii. If it gets warm, its like a laptop, they get warm after being on.... Thats what he said to me, so i assume its ok...

Last edited:
Yes you can turn the Wii on with the Wiimote.

Your TV gets warm when you leave it on - so does your car - so does your dishwasher, the back of your refridgerator, your radio alarm-clock, your computer, and your coffee-maker.

wiicanada said:
Yah, well if u read my original post I actually didn't read it, it was my brother haha. But since he couldn't find a good reason for it in the manual and he's not a moron I figured that it probably wasn't in there and I might aswell ask you guys! Anywho, sounds like it's not a problem. False alarm everyone!

You know I was reading all this thing about taking out ur Disk if not in use. I mostly play c=virtual console games now that I have a few and I almost forgot I had Zelda in there. LMAO So I ejected it and boy was the dick hot. I guess if I am playing a game quite alot I'l leave it in there. But, if I am gonna leave the house or go on a trip I'll make sure to take it out...! Thanks for the tip, since I don't think I've read a manual since I got my TurboGrafX 16...! Peace out everyone...!

JorgieX said:
You know I was reading all this thing about taking out ur Disk if not in use. I mostly play c=virtual console games now that I have a few and I almost forgot I had Zelda in there. LMAO So I ejected it and boy was the dick hot. I guess if I am playing a game quite alot I'l leave it in there. But, if I am gonna leave the house or go on a trip I'll make sure to take it out...! Thanks for the tip, since I don't think I've read a manual since I got my TurboGrafX 16...! Peace out everyone...!

Who's dick was hot? That's pretty gay man.

What makes it worse is the c and s are not side by side, so its not like you accidentally hit the wrong letter. You must be adapted to typing letters in that sequence :(

You know...

An easy way to turn the console off completely is to hold the power button for a few seconds while turning it off. The LED on the power button will go red instead of amber (orange), to signify that it is completely off, besides that light.

The Wii is a lot cooler then. If it bothers you too much, just shut it off completely.

I think it should be like this:

press the remote off button, it goes on standby

Press the off button manually on the wii, the light goes red and ur Wii turns completely off...

i have to wait 5 F ing seconds to get it totally off.. It wa so much easier without standby but i stll want the standby! im confused lol!

Back