Baseball/sport games

jared19 said:
When you say "kiddy" The Bigs isnt in that category. When I think kiddy, I think mario baseball. Cartoony like stuff. The Bigs is not kiddy by any means. Arcady, Yes :) but not kiddy. I think its pretty fun myself. Id like to see a more realistic basball game on the wii though.

And I have to add The Bigs came out on XBOX and Sony as well in the same format. Thats just the type of game it is. Arcade.

The Bigs is supposed to be arcade like mlb slugfest but i'd have to say the Mario baseball is a better arcade/sports game. It's too bad MVP baseball isn't around anymore 2k8 sounds good but didn't the mlb series monopolize baseball video games by signing that contract?

Last edited:
jskins2000 said:
The onll reason why I like PS3 is because the sport games are realistic. Not Arcade or kiddy. I just got the Wii and dude it rocks. Ruining my life playing Zelda and Tigers Woods non stop

Play the Bigs for the PS3 and you get the same game. It doesnt change. Maybe better graphics, but the style of the game is the same.

The Bigs is fun if your a fan of the NFL Blitz games and shuch. Madden looks like it should be cool. Also the previews for the new Smackdown VS Raw 2008for the Wii looks amazing and alot of fun!If you want videos of this one you can go to caws.ws and they have a bunch of vids about it.

Playoffs in the bigs is long..no?
Every game is nine innings, and you have to play quite a few games as well.

I'm 2 games away from the playoffs in the bigs....The only complaint I have about it is that the computer does massive jumps to creat big plays at least once an inning and you are lucky to get one or two in a game. That and for some reason I have a really hard time throwing a fastball, half of the time it ends up throwing a slider :(
Overall though I think it is a really fun game. I have been on vacation for all of this week and haven't played anything but the bigs!!

Nymisus said:
I'm 2 games away from the playoffs in the bigs....The only complaint I have about it is that the computer does massive jumps to creat big plays at least once an inning and you are lucky to get one or two in a game. That and for some reason I have a really hard time throwing a fastball, half of the time it ends up throwing a slider :(
Overall though I think it is a really fun game. I have been on vacation for all of this week and haven't played anything but the bigs!!
Yea, regular homeruns without the powerup are almost impossible. The computer will leap up in the air and catch it almost every time. This game is too unrealistic for me! Tried it, liked it at first, but give me the reality with a full season. By by The Bigs for me!

You right about that WiiBad. That GETS OLD!. I like real bball, but we didnt have one to choose from.

One thing to do about that issue though, is to see how good the fielders are on each side of the field. Which ever side is the worse, try to hit it on that side. Really isnt to hard to change direction.

jared19 said:
You right about that WiiBad. That GETS OLD!. I like real bball, but we didnt have one to choose from.

One thing to do about that issue though, is to see how good the fielders are on each side of the field. Which ever side is the worse, try to hit it on that side. Really isnt to hard to change direction.
Yeah, that was my sentiment upon buying the game (it being the only baseball game other than Wiisports). But I have enough games to occupy my time after a taste with The Bigs, to wait on the real version to come out. It is a fun game, I just kinda quit playing it...so now it's for sale.

Back