BEST way to avoid red rings and never get them

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
not all the xboxes are destined to get red rings, infact NONE of them are, its just a matter of ventilation:mad5: no this doesnt involve towels or clothes or cooling chips or water coolers..simple...just let the power supply breathe. i was hoping to find an article online and it so happens that some guy did the same thing i did here is the link...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=23998153&page=0

or you can get a water cooling system...

watercoolingsystem.jpg

Koolance.jpg

also ..some ppl don't know this, but if you disconnect the a/v cables your GONNA get some rings (4) until you plug it back in..:ciappa:

wait so it has to do with the ventilation of the supply not the system??

i think it has NOTHING to do with the system, i learned and own and electronic repair store and know about this stuff and its pretty much basic and common sense. so no, i strongly believe the system is good and that the trouble lies on the positioning of the power brick, its huge and it heats up so it needs to ventilate, just like everything else in life, it needs to breathe. i had one of rthe FIRST xbox 36's released and still have the same exact one thanks to this method, its the CURE lol

well seeing as how mine was sitting on a glass shelf that has no sides or doors and was away from any other electronics and was kept in a really cool place and i still got it means its the console not having enough space inside or enough ventilation for the heat to escape fast enough. i keep all my electronics VERY well ventilated. always have and always will. the 360 is the only game console of mine to actually fail without it being my fault. i dont hate the 360 at all. in fact its my favorite of the 3 consoles but it is obvious that the 360 has design flaws that cause the solder to crack under the GPU due to heat causing the RRoD. all MS needs to do is stop using cheap solder (foxlink PSU in original xbox for example) and use better x-clamps and most of the problems will be solved (and maybe use Arctic Silver 5 lol)

DEAN616 said:
buy a ps3. Thats how you wont get the ring of death

I'll pass..

As for the Water Cooling System mentioned above wouldn't that also void the warranty by messing with the cables within the 360. Also if that system was to backfire on you then it would just mean that you would have to spend another $300 - $400.00 just to purchase a new console. Whereas, you could have a replacement console shipped to you for free if your console had the rrod problem..

Last edited:
its the System and Power Cord that will overheat if they arent properly ventilated

Eddienoteddy said:
its the System and Power Cord that will overheat if they arent properly ventilated
its not as much of a ventilation problem as it is a design flaw. my PSU and system were very well ventilated and i still got the RRoD. my friends consoles also were very well ventilated and they also got the RRoD. however i had mine the longest before i got the RRoD. the older consoles have a much higher risk of the RRoD regardless of how much ventilation you give it because the console doesnt have enough room inside to compensate for the heat produced.

the 360 is big enough..i wouldnt want this thing, plus it voids the warranty for when it still gets red ring..the red ring isnt only from overheating, theres many failures on the mobo that cause it, interesting find though

i had my 360 for 2 hrs in a nice cool environment before it got the rings, thats all lies my good friend :D

--------------edit-----------------------------------

Well not really but your wrong :(

Ronald said:
i had my 360 for 2 hrs in a nice cool environment before it got the rings, thats all lies my good friend :D

--------------edit-----------------------------------

Well not really but your wrong :(

same, i got my xbox back from repairs and an hour later it was toast, and I made sure it was well ventilated

Back