Brawl Tournament

you should join pit. i haven't touched a wii game since getting my PS3, nearly 2 weeks ago
i agree with shadow.
it has nothing that would be bad for a even brawl. other then how small it is i see nothing wrong with it.

edit: i actually wanna change my vote, i don't know too much about brawl from an analytical perspective but someone who does explained this to me and now i am in full support of this ban.
this was ck's argument.

Hey dude, I remember the stage ban discussion thread before the site's apocolypse, and it said anyone not joining the tourny can't discuss stage ban's and etc., sooo.. I was hoping you'd atleast hear me out.

Shadow Moses is actually a pretty bad stage. Since it's grounded, cheap KOs off the side are really easy. Also, due to the sides of the stage being walls, Star KOs are the only efficient means of killing someone. You can also tech off the walls if you're about to be killed but hit the wall, meaning you'll unfairly survive. Noone who has the advantage of getting easy star KOs off the top of the screen(Snake, Ike, etc.)would stand by as others break the wall. Makes an unfair advantage, yeah?

It's also important you can do infinite chain grabs against people by pitting them against walls, or lock them using moves like Down-tilts(Meta Knight, DK, etc.). Sorry to throw out all this randomly.

i understand what CK means(although you could have posted it yourself buddy. i know your reading this. don't try and lie)
but i personally am against a total ban on the stage still.

also, were not voting yet. still debating.

EDIT: its not up to me. when voting starts then 7 votes means the topic passes or fails. all i'm really doing is keeping this stuff orginized

Thanks for helping spread my thoughts, JonRyan. :D Sorry for wasting your time though.. I thought outsiders wouldn't be allowed to post here.. o.o;

If Shadow Moses fails to be banned, there is only one further thing I can suggest - break the walls whenever they appear, closest player simply breaks them away and then get on with the Brawl. As long as noone pulls any cheap grab-side KOs with weak back throws and such, I think that'd make the stage much more fair.

outsiders may post here but don't get a vote. you can voice your opinion but come voting time you can't say anything, alright?

Yeah that's fine with me, it's only fair that only the tourny participants can vote. Being able to speak my mind at all works for me. :lol:

This has nothing to do with the tournament but Shadow why do you hate Arizona.I live in a town that its population is about 5,000.Sure I hate it and been living here for 2 years since I came from Oakland,CA were its population is about 495,000.I don't think that you have it any worse than I do.

i don't hate it. its just unless i take a 2 hour drive to Vegas, theres nothing to do locally.

Pichu2k7
Fraz
1204-0676-2955

Add me in! I plan on using my fairly new IC in some of the battles.

Ooh I Have question i'm not entirely sure on the rules but Do you have to be in America to enter tourny? (Sorry If Dumb Question Just seems that is where everyone is from)

Last edited:
No, I'm in England.

What's the point of having the ability to play with anybody in the entire world if you only want to play with somebody in your own country?

Ok ill just throw out my real opinion on Shadow Moses Island.
but i personally am against a total ban on the stage still.

also, were not voting yet. still debating.

EDIT: its not up to me. when voting starts then 7 votes means the topic passes or fails. all i'm really doing is keeping this stuff orginized

hhhhhhh. ok, you can only kill someone with a star KO (as JonRyan said), or you have to destroy the side barriers which takes forever. so while one guy is focusing on the barriers, the guy with good up-attacks can just beat face. my main is Jigglypuff, who has to kill off the side 95% of the time with WoP, rollout, and f-smash (her only remotely good smash). rest is the only kill option until the barriers are destroyed, and landing a rest is nearly impossible if there's any lag. also, certain characters can get you pinned up against the wall very easily and dish out like 90 damage. i've played many games on this stage where my opponent gets damaged to well over 200% -.- just because i have no star-KO option, and i know there are other characters with this problem, like maybe G&W. It just obviously favors the certain characters with good star-KO options.

also, i've entered many smash tournaments, both local and online on Smashboards and other websites, and Shadow Moses was always banned (except for one special tourney where no stages were banned).

btw, honestly, 7 votes to ban each stage?... i think it should be up to u, and we should start right when 16 ppl sign up :D i can get you standard, official tournament banned lists if you dont know where to find em.. this is just sooo painstakingly slow, we're supposed to be fast-paced hyperactive smash bros players with ADD!! >:) it's like the Gathering of the Ents in here
but w/e thats just my opinion :sleep:

Last edited:
Back