Can sexuality be changed?

I think there are situations for and against it. Most societies are hetero-centric, so it could be a factor in the result of the vast majority of people being straight. But we could also argue that we are instinctively inclined to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex at birth...hence why there is a general natural order in the world that is maintained by reproduction.

Exactly, like we are 'programmed' to be attracted to those with a better symmetrical form, so that we may pass their 'successive' genes to the next generation. I disagree that homosexuality is genetic (I won't bother delving into genetic mutation, it's all too complex for me). The 23rd homologous pair of our chromosomes is what determines our sex and sexual drive (chemically). Chromosome Y is what gives men their masculine traits, and it actually the smallest and most basic of all 46 chromosomes, yet makes such a big difference :p

Anyway the point I'm making is that from the moment the diploid cell is formed and chromosomes activated, we are genetically programmed to pass our genes onto the next generation to secure the survival of the species. Of course having sexual passion for men doesn't ensure that.

However in the world we live, life isn't as tough as we were once built to cope with, so with luxury of not having to worry about survival, our tastes can change. Before civilization the amount of homosexuals may have been far less because of the higher chances that the species could be extinct.

Now that should hopefully explain why there are so many homosexuals in today's world. Which is 11/100 right? I'm not actually sure what the statistics are.

Homosexuality has nothing to do with survival of a species. If everyone was gay, the species would still survive. It's not like we can't reproduce. And remember, hardly any animals in nature have sex for pleasure... So sexual reproduction and sexual attraction can be mutually exclusive. Playing the extinction card doesn't work.

If the world explodes and only a handful of people are left. Those who are straight will enjoy repopulating the species more so than the gay ones (assuming they're not bi).

Both would be able to repopulate the species, though. And it's not like their offspring are condemned to homosexuality, either... so the repopulation of the species would involve both straight and gay people, whether the first few people to reproduce are homosexuals or heterosexuals.

Lets talk about sex baby, lets talk about you and me.

I said what what in the butt, I said what what in the butt.... you wanna do it in my butt, what what, you wanna do it in my butt what what? Yeah you wanna do it in my butt.

OH BTW GUYZ, APPARENTLY SEXUALITY HAS CAN HAVE HAD BEEN CHANGED, WE HAZ HAVE HAD ANDTHEN FOR TEH PROOFINGS.

.....................SO a change occured.

OH BTW GUYZ, APPARENTLY SEXUALITY HAS CAN HAVE HAD BEEN CHANGED, WE HAZ HAVE HAD ANDTHEN FOR TEH PROOFINGS.

Can I just say, sexuality isn't limited to gender preferences. I prefer a particular race of woman, and people claim I'm racist. What, does that mean gay men are sexist because they don't find women attractive? Are men that like blondes narrow minded?

Sexuality isn't just limited to gender- it includes a lot of things.

Back