Can sexuality be changed?

I don't accept them, but I don't just sit there and talk about how bad homosexuality is. What's even dumber is the church or the gays. You can't be a Christian and be gay, because the bible says not to be, yet queers act like it's okay to break that sin and act like the bible ever said that.
Bible? Churches? Well you're a regular little Moral Oral aren't you! :D

Then there are the Christians who believe that everything in the Bible's really not that relevant to modern Christianity.

And Deanis, you keep saying sexuality can be changed, but I've heard mainly arguments against that. Care to elaborate on your opinion?

I was mainly going off Zubayr, who was leaning towards gay, then has come to the thinking that the idea disturbs him. Giving me the impression that it can in fact be changed.

My opinion is that we ARE born straight, and as we grow older our sexual desires can change, whether they're impacted from our upbringing or reasons completely personal, they can still alter.
And I'm sure theres other stories (as rare as they are) where completely gay men and women have turned straight.

So yes, sexuality can be changed, as rare as the cases can be, it does seem to happen.

I don't believe this thread needed to go on for 20 pages, mainly discussing a certain member's city's way of treating the gay community as if they're dirt.

Oh, so there is more than one interpretation of the bible?

[/discussion]
How else do you explain the 800 trillion or so denominations of Christianity? People who take the Bible literally seem to forget it was written in 2000 years ago in ancient Greek and Hebrew (which don't offer a neat, precise translation into languages like English, so there's the possibility of incorrect translation) by human beings, who are as fallible as you and I.

Haha, that was my point. The participants in this thread seem to believe that it's their duty to come up with a single interpretation that is "correct."

Yeah, I'll admit theres different opinions for sure.

But can you admit that given the simplicity of the question, there is a simple answer?

Even if the cases are fairly rare, it does seem that sexuality can in fact be changed.
We have one of our own forum members for proof of this.

Oh, and its a given that theres different interpretations of the Bible, so many damn extremists out there....

Do you know how to read? I've only been here for a few days and I've seen him say on several occassions that he was always gay. It doesn't matter if you're incapable of comprehending the idea that someone can suppress their feelings because that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

RockerJ said:
You can't be a Christian and be gay, because the bible says not to be, yet queers act like it's okay to break that sin and act like the bible ever said that.

Reminds me of those priests who go around being gay pedophiles for years, and when they're finally caught.. they swear up and down that it's written in the Bible.

"It's in the bible! God told me to do it, see.. it's right there."

"... I don't see it .. wait a minute, is this the new testament or the old testament?"

But, being gay could have been in the bible as an okay thing originally.. as Kyle said, things can be poorly translated.

Last edited:
Oh God. Why is this still going on?

Does religion matter in this thread? I don't think God has ever told anyone their sexuality. I don't think that they're living in sin, and apparently, you just can't have sex when you're gay. You can still go to heaven and all that shabang. Although it's not like most gay people believe in that. But, anyone who criticizes this shouldn't have sex before marriage-and who listens to that? Anyway, seeing as priests can't have sex in the first place... You may as well. Or are we talking about the protestant variety? Because I don't know much about that.

Thread can go die now.

Do you know how to read? I've only been here for a few days and I've seen him say on several occassions that he was always gay. It doesn't matter if you're incapable of comprehending the idea that someone can suppress their feelings because that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And now he no longer is. Yes I know how to read.

Of course I can understand this. I'm saying theres cases where people claim to have genuinely changed aswell.

Last edited:
And now he no longer is. Yes I know how to read.

Of course I can understand this. I'm saying theres cases where people claim to have genuinely changed aswell.
I've seen over a dozen of your posts using his experience as "evidence" that you can change sexuality. Despite your claim that you understand, you're either lying or you're a hypocrite for saying two completely opposite things.

The fuuck?

Zubayr's told me personally that the idea of thinking of a guy sexually now makes him sick. He used to be all for it, and now hates it.

Change Levesque, change.

Unless youre going off the whole "you can be born gay" clause.

In which case it still stands, he believed he was born gay, and is now straight. Either way his sexuality changed.

Last edited:
I think Tyler thinks you were talking about Dave, Dean.

Back