Can someone help me pls :)

badgyal

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2010
Hello all, rite i know ima prob sound like a rite novice, & this questions prob been answered or solved a million times already on here but im most likely too stupid and impatient to find it so i cud with a lil help :)

So heres the thing :

I was hoping to connect my Wii to the internet I use on my laptop (a simple mobile broadband connection) as I do not have a router and was told it was possible to do so i followed instructions from this website http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/418/2

However after following the instructions and succesfully setting up this network, I carried out a connection test on my Wii and it failed and now im at a loss as that im afraid is as far as my technical interlect will take me :p Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how I can rectify the problem?

Thanks in advance.

When it falied it must have displayed an error number. It would help if you could say what it was before I can help you.

Normally a number of things can help generaly though such as moving the laptop closer to the wii. Changing the channel the wireless connection is being broadcasted at to 1 or 11. Putting your mac address into mac filtering page on the wireless settings. Though these help for routers though I assume it works in a similar way for the mobile broadband.

Thnx

Hi, thanks for responding, the erroe number is 51032 it says unable to find access point pls confirm SSID.

This is a foreign language to me lol, thnx 4 helping :)

Back