Canadian best buys

My best buy has only 18 wiis tommrow so i dont know if im going anymore its about a 45 minute drive away so there no way if i kno ppl r they yet so i think im bailing on the idea kinda pissed how there only getting that many

You called. Cause bestbuy's are supposed to be getting 20 minimum, maybe the staffs said that because they are reserving them for friends or something >=(

Best Buy said 20 minimum per store on the Friday of launch week, and that was their second shipment. They been hoarding whatever they got since then and have just said 'limited supply' for tomorrow, same with the PS3. The Best Buy near where I live told me they have 18 as well, so I'm probably not going to bother since I'm without a car. I really wish Nintendo would send more Wiis to us canucks. It's been almost 2 weeks without any stock around here, according to the stores.

mr flibble said:
Best Buy said 20 minimum per store on the Friday of launch week, and that was their second shipment. They been hoarding whatever they got since then and have just said 'limited supply' for tomorrow, same with the PS3. The Best Buy near where I live told me they have 18 as well, so I'm probably not going to bother since I'm without a car. I really wish Nintendo would send more Wiis to us canucks. It's been almost 2 weeks without any stock around here, according to the stores.
I know i hope my brother can get one. If he doesn't then ill be taking a vacation from wiichat for a week B)

GreyKirby said:
I know i hope my brother can get one. If he doesn't then ill be taking a vacation from wiichat for a week B)

Ya, really eh?. I just joined recently to try and figure out where the Wiis are going, but we just don't seem to be getting any stock anywhere. There's a rumour my local Zellers is supposed to get some in this week so I might go there early on Saturday. They were supposed to hold them for the Saturday flyer 2 weeks ago and someone put them on the floor early, and they were gone before they could pull them off. If they aren't there this weekend, I think I'm going to give up til after Christmas. I'm getting tired of calling the same places every other day, and I'm sure they are tired of people calling them every day.

Well the Lasalle Best-Buy in montreal will be selling 17 tomorrow. They said that they will start giving out tickets at 7am and store opens up at 9. Unfortunately, I can't go tomorrow, so I'll still have to wait for another shipment. Their's no love for Canadian lol, we get like 10 console every 2 weeks and not even every stores get some, only the big timers.

Does anyone have any info about the Oshawa or Toronto area. It would be a great help :), thanks.

p.s. I searched Walmart, Zellers, and EB Games in oshawa, none had any Wii's.

My mom's going to pop into one at nine to see if she can get one. If I didn't have school I would have tried to get in line at like five in the morning! I'm not too optimistic about her chances. :(

Martial said:
My mom's going to pop into one at nine to see if she can get one. If I didn't have school I would have tried to get in line at like five in the morning! I'm not too optimistic about her chances. :(

Where are you? And what day are you talking here?

danhenry said:
Does anyone have any info about the Oshawa or Toronto area. It would be a great help :), thanks.

p.s. I searched Walmart, Zellers, and EB Games in oshawa, none had any Wii's.

The only place that is pretty much guaranteed to have anything in stock tomorrow is Best Buy, though the stock is pretty limited. Call your local one this evening to find out how many they'll actually have and figure out if it's worth lining up in the cold tomorrow morning. That's about your best bet right now. Apart from overspending on one from ebay of course :)

Hey guys I'm new here.

Anyways, some BBs are full now according to another forum I post at (where they post Hot Deals/Bargains etc.).

Anyways, BB Richmond is apparently getting 19 according to the thread. I'd post the link but I don't know if it's considered spam/advertising.

By the way, does anyone know if they will be getting a good amount of accessories tommorow? I just need a classic controller and Wii Points!

I went to Best Buy Richmond Hill at 5AM this morning, and all of the Wiis were already accounted for. They said they'd been accounted for since 7PM, LAST NIGHT. Which means I'd have to camp out for 14 hours in order to get a Wii. Good job, Nintendo.

I'm really frustrated now. :incazzato:

My friend and I were all set to camp out at 5AM, but his dad went to check the lines at 1, and there were already over 25 people, so we knew we had no chance. EB Games had already given out tickets half an hour before we arrived, another wiiless weekend.

Back