Championships?

HAK

PROFESSIONAL GAMER
Mar 20, 2012
London
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Did they ever do a national or world championship for SSBB? If so, do they still do them and where can we find them? If not, why not?If they haven't done one I think we should do one for WiiChat! Discuss...

I don't think so and I believe MLG does not participate in Smash anymore

The best are decided at multiple tournaments. Such as Ken smashing his way across the US and eventually [strike]Brawl'd[/strike] Melee'd the best in Japan and won. He was considered the best in smash and got the title King of Smash

I don't think we need to decide who is the best on WiiChat because I enjoy just playing the game with friends. By just playing we can determine whose the best.

No. Just no. I don't even think you play SSBB at all.

Correct. I believe I've met a former MLG brawler on WiiChat, and I don't think they'll be doing any more brawls.

Not online, that ****'s so laggy I couldn't sit through one game. I have played irl though, and I was one of the best out of 20 or so friends from school (though not the best). And I only used Yoshi, Luigi and Game & Watch. So that's not eaxctly T1 stuff so I did okay really.

Did they ever do a national or world championship for SSBB? If so, do they still do them and where can we find them? If not, why not?If they haven't done one I think we should do one for WiiChat!

None for Brawl specifically. The largest Brawl tournaments held via MLG also no longer happen since, as MR mentioned, MLG no longer has Brawl in their events... =( There're still plenty'a big sponsored tournaments in plenty of countries though.

Wiichat had tons'a Brawl tournaments back in the day. I'm still salty 'bout Hero knockin' me out of the last one due to an untimely lag spike... ¬_¬ That aside, I'd certainly participate in a new-generation Wiichat tourney. If I somehow manage t' win in my terribad-usty state, I'd have a jolly good time rubbin' it in everyone's faces. Might as well try as such. :lol:

Yeah they did. I won it all with Yoshi. :trollyoshi:

Fixed. :lol:

Not online, that ****'s so laggy I couldn't sit through one game. I have played irl though, and I was one of the best out of 20 or so friends from school (though not the best). And I only used Yoshi, Luigi and Game & Watch. So that's not eaxctly T1 stuff so I did okay really.

Not t' insult or take away anythin' from ya, but skill amongst just a group of friends or even a city/county isn't really worth any sort'a bragging rights in the realm of competitive Brawl.

Last edited:
I don't believe that's what Yosh was goin' for bro. :lol: I certainly don't see any flame baitin' neither. y so srs, shiftz?

... So how 'bout them tourneys? Hint @ Shiftz: stay on topic.

Awwwwwwww, man. I wish they would. But who's up for a WiiChat tourny?

Hmm, I haven't played SSBB for about three years now... who wants a game? Just for fun. No Meta Knight spam or Item spam :D

I'll brawl you. Turn off all items and no stupid stages (only Battlefield or Final Destination) and what do you mean Meta Knight spam?

I'll brawl you. Turn off all items and no stupid stages (only Battlefield or Final Destination) and what do you mean Meta Knight spam?
you forgot Smashville and Yoshi's Island Brawl
Smashville is the best stage by far.

Tragonight, have you brawled against a pro Meta Knight? Meta Knight is absolutely broken. His Up B spam is literally unpunishable and it never stales (or it seems that way). In fact all his specials are unpunishable. By having wings and really good priority gives Meta the ability to gimp easily.

Why do you think the pros banned Meta?

Why do you think the pros banned Meta?
You just answered your own question.

Meta Knight is absolutely broken. His Up B spam is literally unpunishable and it never stales (or it seems that way). In fact all his specials are unpunishable. By having wings and really good priority gives Meta the ability to gimp easily.
​I like Meta Knight.

Look, meta knight is more broken then scizor from pokemon, end of.

Back