Change the language on my Japanese Wii to English?

Ive got a japanese wii but dont understand it.DOes farowe know howto change it to english!!PLEASE HELP!! cant even make miis because cant understand the menus!!HELP!!

no wiiked, you can NOT change your language to english ( I bet the mii eyes in japanese versions are all small n stuff, and a yellow skin color added too :) )

lol!!

Can you guys from Japan send me stuff from the Pokemon Center... darn!!!! Should be awesome

wiiked ,theres a little hard way to change, if you manage to buy a multiple region chip for the wii and install, you could change to all the languaje now the only problem is installing it or getting it.

I also have a jap wii but don't speak japanese. Downloading the Wii Channel setup guide from Nintendo website helped me a lot to set-up everything.
Any news on how to change the language on Internet & weather channels though ??

japanese wii can't channel other language . this is truth....
maybe wii update can solve the problem by the future

same problem
i cant understand japanese
i hope we had a chance to change it to english
i cant afford to buy another 1, im poor

i have my second problem
www.nintendo.com is for canada and US only
me im from philippines. where can i connect my wii???

HI, I am getting a multi-region wii from china, do you know how to change the language from japanese to english on a multi-region wii? Thanks.

hmmm.. multi region from china is actually a wii that was "mod"

the wii will have japanese menu but you can play english games

frenzy.. i think you can connect to US

i have a japanese wii but im thinking of getting US wii (modd) but im not sure what will i do w/ my japwii

As far as I know, there is no multi-region wii. Wiis from Hong Kong are all Japanese Wiis and if they can play US games, they are modded.

This wii will play both english and US games but unfortunately like I said the menus are all in japanese. So yes this wii is a mod, does that make it possible to change the language? :)

Just to clarify everything,
The Japenese Wii has no option for English menus. The only thing you can do is play English (NTSC-USA) games if your console is modded, in which case everything will be in English in the game.
You should also check out the English Wii manuals available here:
Operations Manual: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/WiiOpMn_setup.pdf

Wii Channels and Settings Manual:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/WiiChEng.pdf

so that you can kinda match the menus (though in some places they differ, most importantly and unfortunatley the existence of a language menu, :( )

I have a Jap Wii (sigh) because I live in Seoul, South Korea, where only the Jap Wii is available.

On a side note, people here are just as xenophobic as the Japs, If an item isnt in Korean, isnt made by a Korean company or doesnt have anything to do with Korean, then no one even considers it as an item in existence. Examples are cars and mobile phones.

Frenzy_Banana said:
lets make a petition for japanese wii that make a english patch translation!

I would definitely agree and sign. Someone, anyone please make a BIOS/firmware hack/patch that will change the Japanese menus to English. That would be so nice.

P.S. as a side note of dissapointment Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube) has Japanese menus with no option to change the language if you play the NTSC USA version on your Japanese Wii.. :mad2:

i still cannt connect my wii to the internet, problem w/ our isp i think. thats why i havent upgraded my sys yet

Back