Characters With Disadvantages / Advanatages Over Other Characters

Falcon's range isn't what I'd call decent... the few moves he has, with range, rarely hit someone who is good. I still think his Running Side A is great, but a few moves (3-4) that are decent don't make up for it.

About executing too slow....

Running Side A: His normal running speed can make this fast.
Aerial Down A: It executes pretty fast (though I don't like it... feels weird timing wise)....
Aerial Side A: No speed problems really.
A: Fast, but easy to get out of.
Down B: Not that slow of a move... just not that good.
Aerial A: I see no problems with speed here.
Running Down A: Can't clearly picture it, but I don't think it's that slow.

I think you just consider most moves slower since you main MK. His attacks can be blistering fast and, due to this, can cause you to see other moves in a lackluster fashion. Maining a character forms an attachment to them and it leads you to compare other characters to yours. Truthfully, I think Captain Falcon shouldn't be so low on the tier lists. If you avoid using B moves he can have an advantage over other characters (King DeDeDe and Bowser mainly).

Falcon's movement speed can be a valuable asset. A character with slower moving speed (heavy weights) can be hit by one of Captain Falcon's faster paced moves. All you have to do is keep running around the stage XD.

Anyway, I'm not saying Captain Falcon is good... just that people undervalue him too often. Captain Falcon isn't a PRO character, but he can work well for an average player. I think you just consider the value of characters too much on how they would work for a pro, and not how they work period.

i don't think his down b is really all that bad, it can be used to counter those who aerial up a all the time when you are on you way down or when you are on your way back from getting knocked out (top left corner or top right of the screen) you can continually use it with sacrificing you last jump to get back to the stage.
also if you are coming back from a know back from one of the top corner and someone is edge guarding you can use it as well to get them to back off.

i know you can't use this all the time because all they have to do is dodge and then smash you and your out seeing how slow the recovery time is for that move but it can help in sticky situations.

I'm not saying never use, just saying the move isn't that good. It can be used in some situations, but otherwise it's valueless. The only value it has is as a surprise attack against anyone who keeps bashing you up or to keep your moves unpredictable.
Throwing a Side B in every once in a while doesn't hurt either. The only move you shouldn't even bother using is his B (unless you can use it perfectly). It is too bad of a move and just reduces your chance of winning.

hmm yes his moves are hard to master but they're plenty out there who have, i have come across of many captain falcon users who totally own. they use his moves at the perfect timing and nail every single one of them. its about about timing, and since falcon is fast it's even easier.

Yyy, can't you contribute to the conversation? All you do is compliment people, lol.

Falcon actually does have some good ranged moves. His tilts have medium to slightly above average range, his aerials usually have a good hitbox (although F-air is obviously hard to sweet spot, and B-air is a bit too short).

King, you keep saying Falcon is fast... yes, he's fast; but his moves come out slowly. Or atleast, too slowly. The moves that come out faster usually have bad cool down, with the exception of his N-air, B-air, and possibly U-air.

Also, the moves that do come out fast are often situational, U-air, N-air, and B-air can't be SH'd to hit a medium to small sized character, as I mentioned before. This makes his prioritzed moves too situational against certain foes; against Top Tiers like Meta or G&W, they're useless on the ground, and nearly useless in the air due to their own prioritized moves. Simply put, that's why Falcon is bottom tier; due to all those situational, bad match ups.

And again, he lacks reliable priority. Movement speed rarely means a character attacks fast, Sonic is a great example. Meta attacks much swifter in comparison to his movement speed (ground or air) as well.

Maining a character forms an attachment to them and it leads you to compare other characters to yours. Truthfully, I think Captain Falcon shouldn't be so low on the tier lists. If you avoid using B moves he can have an advantage over other characters (King DeDeDe and Bowser mainly).

I have absolutely no attachment to Meta, lol. I only "main" him because he's beastly. If I have an "attachment" to a main, it's Wolf. I actually had to work to make my Wolf beastly, and he's badass either way (more than Craptain Failcon XP). So Meta, not really. Wolf, definatly.

Well olimar has an advantage over gannon because of the way he executes his moves and he is also a very good edge guard.

Olimar has an advantage over many close range characters. but if the enemy is fast enough or has a large reach then Olimar is screwed

Ganon rapes Olimar. Even a good one, Olimar is too light + Ganon is too strong. 5 or six consistent power hits from Ganon spell death, if not damn near it, to all characters, including Olimar.

No, just because he's light doesn't mean he has a disadvantage. Ganon is bulky and has a lot of trouble edge guarding, meaning Olimar shouldn't be gimped easily; if he isn't getting gimped, he won't die for awhile, even if he is light.

All of Ganon's approaches, besides a no-lag D-air, can be grabbed. No-lag D-air can be Up B'd, U-air'd, U-smashed, F-air'd, etc. Olimar outspeeds Ganon, and even out ranges him. He forces approaches with Side B as well, meaning Ganon's at a huge advantage.

The only way Ganon would win is if he spammed no-lag D-airs, which would become predictable and he'd get stomped anyways; thus nulifying his chance at a win. Ganon is at a huge disadvantage to Olimar, really.

Yes I knew that.The reason for my logic is because I tried out olimar and he kicked gannon @$$ in a 1on1 match.(gannon was only on level 7)But I tried it again and he kicked the same amount of @$$.With gannon on level 9.

lolz. yyy trying to sound knowledgable. Priceless.

@ CK: I have an attachment to both Ganondorf and Luigi. My Ganon is very good, and truthfully, I have not played many good Olimar's. Goin to a tourney tonight, where I will main either Ganon or Luigi. Prolly Ganon though ( wow...this post was so pointless...:lol:)

Back