Characters With Disadvantages / Advanatages Over Other Characters

Oh my god, you just reminded me of the most wonderful KOs I've ever seen, Mario vs. Weegee.

So Mario's at a very high damage % on FD (or atleast I think he was), and Weegee's off the stage. He uses Side B and gets the explosion 1/10 chance, maxing his horizontal length and power. Mario cape's him, and he goes flying off the side of the screen; and dies. Lmao! Wonderful kill, no?

A summary of Ganondorf? ... Isn't this thread for a discussion of character advantages/disadvantages? :p ... Wait, doesn't that mean all of our posts about Mario have been off topic??

Well, not completely. Mainly because our Mario discussions have traced back to his advantages and disadvantages, or lack thereof. Ganondorf has some good matchups. If you give a summary, along with his tier ratings, then technically, you are still on topic.

EDIT: Exactly, ive seen that vid also. Hate it when that happens man. Excellent KO though.

Snake has an advantage over Bowser because snake is fast, Bowser is slow and Snake has long range weapons which blow Bowser back and since he walks so slow it takes forever to get to him.

You do relize that bowser can run?It's vice versa.Bowser has an advantage over snake because he has the better close range attacks.

Actually, Snakes main advantage over Bowser would be his immense long range capabilities. He may take long to set up, but running with Bowser leaves (im not sure of the exact figures) a moment of frailty, a "blind spot" if you will on Bowser. He is very easy to intercept, especially with Snake. Snake has the awesome ranged game going, and he can gimp on Bowser quite easy with Grenades and his many other projectiles. And the fact of Bowser's weight doesnt help much either. He is too slow to effectively be much of a threat to Snake. Only threat I can see is the n00b kill Koopa Klaw suicide move.

Snake's Grenades, mines, and C4 are great things to batter Bowser with, but his main advantage is his overpowered tilts. They're much faster than Bowser's own, and even more powerful. Snake would rip Bowser to shreds.

Bowser does have one advantage, though; his F-air. He can gimp Snake with it's mostly horizontal knockback. A C4 here and there will make sure Snake doesn't die though, so it's not a very big advantage... miniscule, really.

In short, Snake against Bowser is probably 80-30 or so in Snake's favor. XD

Well thats the same with marth and meta they annialate gannon or falcon because of thier speed and I think they might have the same thing with bowser?Correct me if I am wrong here.

I will allow CK to correct you. Marth and Meta do not annhihilate Ganon and Falcon simply because of a speed difference. The problem is that Snakes moves have priority over Bowsers. Ganon and Falcon have some decent priority moves, and can easily turn the tide with a few punches where it would take Marth or Meta many strikes to equal the same damage ratio.

... Ganon has priority? LOLWUT? Besides his A, what priority does he have? ... Seriously?

Falcon also has no priority but his A and two aerials, except his A's even worse than Ganon's. His U-air and N-air can only hit tall enemies right off the bat as well, which most top tiers aren't tall enough; Snake's the only one, ROB if the tier lsit you're reading counts him as Top.

Well the problem with that is you have to land the punches not saying that you can't storm just it is hard for most people.

Well thats the same with marth and meta they annialate gannon or falcon because of thier speed and I think they might have the same thing with bowser?Correct me if I am wrong here.

Falcon is a fast character... his moves are fast (but have bad recovery) and his movement speed is one of the best. The biggest problem with Captain Falcon is his B moves suck. His A moves can be decent, but it no way makes up for his B moves.

You can play Captain Falcon as a fast character. The problem is, though, is that his attacks are short range and easy to dodge.

Anyway... speed doesn't matter. It's how you play the character that counts. Just because a person uses a fast character doesn't mean you can't dodge it. If your more skilled with a heavier character you will land hits on the other player more often. These hits can be up to 5 from a fast character, so it evens out. The other fact is that heavy weight characters can KO easily at low %, which helps a lot (light weights can do it too, but not as frequently).

A good Meta should beat a good Ganon, simply by priority.

@ Kingslayer: You are correct on all fronts.

@ CK: I wasnt saying actual priority, just that a few of their moves are erratic enough to suprise opponents. I play a Blitzkreig Ganon as I call it. I rarely charge any of his moves, preffering to use his faster moves, which do immense amounts of damage anyways, to cripple my opponent. Favorite Ganon move is forward A in the air. Perfect spike for KO at 65% or above...usually.

@ Casey: His moves are not that hard to land. You just need to be good at anticipation. Knowing your opponent is sometimes better than being an expert with your character.

You've got it all wrong King, Falcon actually has good range with his tilts/Down B, and even his smashes. He lacks speed, or to be more correct, priority, in his moves. They simply execute too slow. He may move fast, but his moves don't.

Well I just never tried gannon.I say he rocked the house in melee I annilated my brother(yyy).

Back