Charging your cell phone

spacegravity4me

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
So the other day my phone was dying(again) and I couldn't find my charger. I then saw my wii and thought that maybe with the update I could plug it in and make something happen. Guess what, I plugged in my moto and it started charging! I thought that was cool. Maybe it's always been able to do that, idk.

I am sure that it was always able to do that, kinda odd thing for nintendo to just decide and update if it was that.
Still though, thats good you can do that, it comes in handy.

actually any usb port that is in a device that has been plugged in can charge any phones that use usb ports, same with mp3 players

i can charge my phone and ipod on my

wii, 360, sky + box, Laptop, Pc, Tv, Pc moniter, Ps2

but you can also chrage them on Ps3 and well anything with a usb port

its nothing to do with, updates

daviduk200 said:
actually any usb port that is in a device that has been plugged in can charge any phones that use usb ports, same with mp3 players

i can charge my phone and ipod on my

wii, 360, sky + box, Laptop, Pc, Tv, Pc moniter, Ps2

but you can also chrage them on Ps3 and well anything with a usb port

its nothing to do with, updates

Thank you for the AdHoc reinforcement :D

FYI, I've got this slick little charger - it plugs directly into the wall and has (4) USB ports, but they're only for supplying power via USB for charging.

Pretty nice since it's less to carry if you have a couple of devices (all you need is a much smaller USB cable).

~DT

yea i was hoping if i plugged my ipod in it would play but what was i thinking it just sat there charging sigh i just gotta wait :nonod:

[DT] said:
Thank you for the AdHoc reinforcement :D

whats that mean,

oh and i was actually typing my message before u had finished yours
so i didnt see yours before i had done mine.

but soz yeah you beat me to it if thats what u were saying lol

How do you think those wiimote chargers work, Any device that chargers from USB will work with the wii, Because it only draws the power from the power point it doesnt connect directly with anything inside the console.

CantGetAWii said:
I am sure that it was always able to do that, kinda odd thing for nintendo to just decide and update if it was that.
Still though, thats good you can do that, it comes in handy.
Yeah it has been able to do that, It is very convienient. I've been charging my MP3 player through my Wii for the longest. It's so much easier.

strange this is though, before i got the drivers, my laptop that I just put vista on wouldn't even recognize my cell much less charge it. lol

Back